Relationship Managers - Insurance at NBC
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
The Relationship Manager –Insurance is responsible for assisting the Head of Bancassurance in insurance business development and overall business oversight. The role concentrates on driving sales and ensuring Insurance penetration in the bank grows, increasing productivity and monitoring performance. This includes training, attending to customer queries, and customer service duties.
Accountability: People Management
- Working with Head of Insurance to agree business direction and ways of conducting insurance business.
- Dealing with branches and service centers to ensure full understanding of the insurance process & procedures
- Assist Head of Insurance by being main point of contact with all matters relating to insurance business in the branches
- Providing support and training.
- Ensure that branch staff own and manage customer queries and complaints by taking ownership and resolving in a timely manner. Act as the escalation point for their unresolved queries and complaints.
- Assist the Head of Insurance in creating an empowering environment for branch managers & staff, encouraging individual ownership and initiative to drive Insurance.
Accountability: Business Management
- Co-ordinate all Bancassurance activities conducted within the allocated business segment and branches
- Support all Bank departments on insurance matters
- Prepare management information as required
- Provides guidance and training to bank staff on insurance matters
- Manage end to end insurances process in the branches and other assigned business departments
- Comply with the insurance industry requirements as per the act and guidelines
- Budget accountability:
- Accountable for achieving annual income targets as cascaded from Head of Insurance
- Monitoring of progress towards achieving targets is done on weekly and monthly.
- Active involvement and accountability for making purchase/ refund business decisions within set limits.
- Establish relationships with key clients or business influencers in the local area
- Ensure all regulatory requirements are met, informing, and ensuring compliance to the insurance act.
- Ensuring staff dealing with insurance adequately trained
- Ensuring claims process is followed and adhered to by both staff and branches.
- Visits to branches, service centers and outlets to ensure correct adherence to processes and procedures.
- Timely communication of all changes relating to insurance activities or requirements
- Responsible for all audit matters on insurance in the branches
Accountability: Customer Service
- Provides support to outlets and other functions on Bancassurance related matters.
- Interact regularly with internal service providers (e.g. Operations, customer service and Marketing) to ensure fast and efficient service to customers (both internal and external customers)
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Planning and Organizing
- Persuading and Influencing
- Relating and Networking
- Leading and Supervising
- Coping with Pressure and Setbacks
- Creating and Innovating
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Writing and Reporting
- Learning and Researching
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Adapting and Responding to Change
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
Experience & Qualification
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Insurance or any related studies
- At least 5 years of work experience in insurance industry or related industry with strong sales background.
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Business Improvement Orientation (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Digital familiarity (Meets all of the requirements), Enabling team success (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Experience in a similar environment, Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Operational administration (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Product and/or Service Knowledge (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Quality orientation (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)