Tanzania Federation of Co-operatives Ltd (TFC) is an autonomous, non- governmental and non- partisan body that is member owned and managed in the spirit of internationally recognized co-operative principles and values. TFC seeks to recruit and executive secretary to oversee its operations. TFC is mandated promote the development of the co-operative sector.
TFC was registered on 8th December, 1994 with registration number 5503. Since its establishment TFC has participated in different ways in uniting co-operative societies in the country, thus creating a prosperous environment for co-operatives to operate on the basis of co-operative principles in Tanzania mainland.
JOB TITTLE:Executive Secretary
|Appointment Authority||: Tanzania Federation of Cooperatives Ltd Board|
|Mode of employment||: Three years contract|
|Reports to||: Tanzania Federation of Cooperatives Ltd Board|
|Duty Station||: DAR-ES-SALAAM|
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring effective overall management and supervision of the Federation’s activities.
- Summoning of all meeting of the Federation and the Board in accordance with the established procedures.
- Develop protocols and mechanisms for consistence communications with key external stakeholders and respond promptly to enquiries.
- Custodian of the Federation members’ Register.
- Coordinate and collaborate with stakeholders and relevant authorities on co-operative policy, legal framework and programmes which focus on co-operative development and advise accordingly.
- Advice on the formation of inclusive co-operative administration and management for business development.
- Coordinate preparation and assessment of development plans for the Federation.
- Collect and disseminate data on co-operatives to stakeholders through various channels of communication;
- Prepare and coordinate national and international for on co-operative development.
- Network co-operative societies, members and stakeholders in practicing co-operative principles and ethical values.
- Liaison with the public and private sector.
- Promote cross-institutional linkages for resource sharing and mobilization.
- Coordinate preparation and implementation of the human resource development plan.
- Ensure efficient use of resources e.g. financial, physical and human.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Board and other relevant authorities.
Qualifications and experience:
- Holder of Master’s Degree in business administration or co-operative management or finance;
- Bachelor degree in co-operative management, accounting, economics, business or related field;
- Proven experience in a senior management position for a period not less than five (5) years.
Mode of Application:
Interested candidates should apply in confidence enclosing:
- An application letter accompanied with detailed and signed curriculum vitae that include relevant information for the post;
- Certified copies of relevant academic certificates and transcripts;
- Two recent coloured passport size photographs;
- Name and addresses of two referees;
Applications shall be addressed to:
Chairperson – Search Committee,
TFC Executive Secretary,
P.O. Box 474 Moshi, KILIMANJARO.
Shall be submitted through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview
The deadline for submitting the application is 22 October 2021.