The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and supporting close to 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to facilitate access to services for those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
With a growing global
staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s
global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further
advance innovative research and to execute strategic and targeted global
advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions
of women, children, and families worldwide.
JOBS VACANCIES OPPORTUNITIES DESCRIPTIONS
TITLE: Director of Finance and Operations
Employment Duration Full time
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
*Locals preferred, but open to International Assignees
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) intends to recruit a Director of Finance and Operations, with strong United States Government (USG) Contract experience, for a forthcoming USAID-funded comprehensive HIV/TB project in Tanzania. Reporting to the Chief of Party, s/he will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all aspects of USG contract implementation, adherence and compliance to contractual and financial terms and conditions, and will provide operational and financial oversight and supervision for the project, including regular budget reviews and monitoring of expenditures. S/he will liaise closely with subcontractor staff and will coordinate with other key stakeholders to leverage resources and maximize project impact. The Director of Finance and Operations will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. This position is contingent upon award and Tanzanian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Ensure that project activities adhere to contractual terms and conditions and are in compliance with USG and USAID rules and regulations;
- Provide financial and operational oversight of project implementation;
- Review and understand compliance and financial reporting requirements of USG Contracts;
- Build the capacity of project staff in USG Contract implementation and management;
- Monitor all subcontract financial management and reporting, as well as build local capacity of subcontract staff to manage subcontracts;
- Support the development of annual work plans and contribute to reporting on technical and financial performance;
- Serve as secondary point of contact for the client.
- Master’s degree in business administration, finance/accounting, or any other relevant field;
- At least 10 years’ experience managing large complex USG projects and ensuring compliance;
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience providing operational oversight for USG programs;
- At least 7 years’ experience in managing subcontracts under a USG Contract;
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with large-scale USG Contract compliance, financial monitoring, and reporting;
- Experience and working knowledge of accounting, finance, procurement and administration under PEPFAR funded awards;
- Knowledge of FAR and AIDAR;
- Strong team leader with extensive experience in staff management, capacity building, and building a culture of compliance amongst project staff;
- Previous direct supervisory experience of large project staff teams;
- Proven strategic, planning, and project implementation abilities;
- In depth knowledge of financial software applications, databases and spreadsheets including QuickBooks and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills in English.
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF. All applications should be