JOB TITLE: Assistant Manager: Written-Off SME & Mortgage Recoveries
DIRECT REPORTING TO: Manager – Written-Off Recoveries (Corporate]
RESPONSIBLE FOR: SME & Mortgage Recoveries
DEPARTMENT: Special Assets Management
REGIONS: Dar es Salaam
HOURS OF WORK: 8am – 5pm Monday — Friday. Additional hours as required by workload.
1. PURPOSE OF JOB:
Will be responsible for timely execution of recovery strategies for written-off SME & Mortgage portfolios, with a view to maximizing recoveries.
2. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Business Management
• Prepare and maintaining daily performance monitoring
Trackers/report for constant monitoring key parameters on the bank
written-off portfolio, primary focus shall be on:
a. Update on all key suit filed for written-off.
b. Recoveries status for written off portfolio,
c. Upcoming auctions with details about the properties d. Early detection of problem on restructured accounts
e. Updates status on key WOs — required on weekly basis.
f. Meeting recovery targets
Maintaining written-off portfolio for both existing and newly added
accounts ensuring close updation of the status for each account is
• Analyzing written off portfolio from time to time and ascertain the non-recourse segment of the portfolio and seek approval for complete write off thereafter.
Liaise with legal unit and ensure at all times, attending all meetings relating to recoveries both for written-off portfolios.
Upon selected shall be ready to attend court sessions as key witness on behalf of the bank.
• Updation of key details for all written off accounts including but not limited to KYC and other data sets that should facilitates the obligor whereabout.
Maintaining recoveries tracker and projection for written off accounts and share the same on weekly basis for discussion with Recoveries team.
Preparing and sending reminders to customers regarding payments, or other issues as mandated by management.
• Preparing adverts for marketing of repossessed properties or properties about to be auctioned by the bank or through external parties.
• Handling of various audits including external and internal.
• Liaise with finance team to ensure accurate and timely sharing of information on written-off portfolio.
• Assist in the implementation and UAT of major credit related projects specifically for collection and recoveries unit.
Where possible ensure firm communications with respective written off customers is maintained throughout and management appraised on the progress accordingly.
• Maintaining written-off collateral register and ensure constant updates are made in timely manner.
• Ensure timely branch wise posting of written-off recoveries to CBS is done.
2. Risk and Compliance
Managing the performance of External Debt Collectors (EDC) for the written-off accounts that have been assigned to them.
• Adhere to TAT on customer query resolution.
Ensure that adequate risk controls are in place.
• Drive a culture of proactive compliance among team members
Determine action plans for effectively reduce and manage risk issues that are related to Internal/External or BoT findings.
Assist the line manager to timely review SAM Policy and SOP.
• Maintain audit closure tracker and follow-up on all audit issues that need to be closed.
Follow-up on all governance issues of the department example CSRA, KRI etc
3. Any other duties that may be assigned by the line manager or management
3. QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
University degree preferably in Law, Accounting/Finance and Business Administration
Relevant professional qualification in banking, risk management, recovery, and law.
At least years work experience in similar position
How to Apply :
Please send your application to email@example.com
Application deadline:- 29th June 2023
Applications are to be sent with the subject being: Assistant Manager: Written-off SME & Mortgage Recoveries