The position is full-time, fully remote, and can be based in any country where TNC is registered as a Non-government Organization and established employer in Africa (Angola, Gabon, Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia), Latin America (Argentina, Belize, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Guatemala, Mexico, Peru), and the Caribbean (The Bahamas, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, USVI). This is a short-term 1 year position.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
#PDN – Professional diversity Network
WHO WE ARE
The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we develop innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest environmental challenges so that people and nature can thrive. Our work is guided by our values, which include a commitment to diversity and respect for people, communities, and cultures. From a rewarding mission to career development and flexible schedules, there are many reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want to know more? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube to hear stories from staff or visit Glassdoor.
One of TNC’s primary goals is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that employees around the globe have a sense of belonging and feel that their unique contributions are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our mission by hiring and engaging a diverse staff that reflects the communities in which we work. Recognizing that people bring talent and skills that have been developed outside the scope of a job, we take a holistic approach to recruitment that considers life experience in addition to the professional requirements listed in our postings. Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote a popular saying at TNC, “you’ll join for the mission, and you’ll stay for the people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
Housed within The Nature Conservancy’s Resilient Watersheds Strategy, the Nature for Water Facility (‘N4W’) is a technical assistance outfit that provides hand-in-hand support to local champions seeking to develop watershed investment programs. N4W aims to support 40-60 place-based engagements globally over four years via a mixture of pro-bono and fee-for-service partnerships. For additional background on the program please see the About, Services, and Portfolio sections of the N4W website.
The Portfolio Management Associate position will drive two essential functions within N4W: (1) managing our semi-annual Call for Proposals (CfP), where the team’s time and expertise is awarded to applicants with exceptional enabling conditions, and (2) overseeing N4W’s outcomes analytics (the ‘Impact Dashboard’) to detail N4W’s contributions to conservation, biodiversity, climate, and sustainable livelihoods outcomes, and guides where the team should focus efforts to maximize impact.
The Portfolio Management Associate position reports to the N4W Director. The position is full-time, fully remote, and can be based in any country where TNC is registered as a Non-government Organization and established employer in Africa (Angola, Gabon, Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia), Latin America (Argentina, Belize, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Guatemala, Mexico, Peru), and the Caribbean (The Bahamas, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, USVI). This is a short-term 1 year position. This position may be extended or can end early depending on the needs of the team.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manages N4W’s Impact Dashboard, including obtaining relevant inputs from field programs, ensuring integrity and relevance of dashboard analytics, and driving system refinements over time as learnings develop
- Works with cross-functional and geographically dispersed team to manage N4W’s semi-annual Call for Proposals process, including assisting with CfP marketing, organizing technical proposal reviews, and integrating learnings into subsequent CfP rounds
- Supports N4W project governance by executing engagement knowledge management loops and ensuring final products are relevant and accessible
- Partners with N4W knowledge management team to build out and maintain our N4W intranet
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Economics, Environmental Science, Business Sciences or Business Administration or related field and 3 years of related experience or equivalent combination
- Experience in project management & business process improvement
- Experience with written and verbal communication in the English language
- Experience in Microsoft Excel
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Process-orientated individual with a passion for driving continuous improvement across team workflow and systems
- Experience using relational database management software including Tableau and Power BI
- Background using Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) tools
- Experience with general purpose programming languages (e.g. Python, R)
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively on multiple concurrent projects
- Attention to detail & structured thinking
- Comfort in fast-paced and dynamic environments
- Multi-language skills (in particular, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swahili)
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers competitive and comprehensive benefits packages tailored to the individual countries where we work. These may include health care benefits, retirement benefits, parental leave, paid time off, life insurance, and disability coverage as well as an employee assistance program and other life and well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports the health and well-being of the people we employ.
To apply for job ID 53428, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to [email protected] with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
An attractive salary and benefits package is part of TNC’s value proposition to our employees. TNC strives to provide competitive pay and bases salaries on the geographic location of the role committing to being equitable across groups and providing hiring salary ranges when possible.
Since we support flexible and remote work for our employees, many positions have a flexible location within countries where we’re registered as a Non-government Organization and established as an employer. This may mean we’re unable to provide a hiring salary range in the posting for some of our positions. However, candidates invited to be part of our interview process will be provided their location specific range upon request.