Rafiki Social Development Organization is a development and advocacy Non-Governmental and Nonprofit making Organization working with Children, Youth, Marginalized and Vulnerable groups, families and their communities to reach their full potential by advocating for their rights and tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. The Organization was established in January 2005 and registered under the NGO Act of 2002, issued with a registration number No.00NGO/R1/00903 to operate in Tanzania Mainland.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Rafiki-SDO is implementing the Ending Child Early and Forced Marriage Project 4th year in Rukwa region which is funded by NORAD through Plan International Tanzania with the aim of ending child marriage by responding to factors that trigger child marriage.
To facilitate smooth implementation of this project, Rafiki-SDO wishes to recruit qualified, experienced, motivated and dynamic Project Accountant.
Job Title: Project Accountant – (1 POST)
Office location: Rukwa Region
Work station: Sumbawanga Municipal Council.
Reporting to: Project Coordinator
Duration: 1 Year renewable (full time)
Salary: Attractive package
Dimensions of Role:
Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
- Area of Responsibility – Rukwa Region.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
- Establish financial systems and policies for the project to ensure Organization compliance, practices, and regulations;
- Provide financial and administrative support in the design, implementation, and monitoring of project activities;
- Advise project staff on donor requirements; and provide training on financial management, recordkeeping, operational systems, and policies as needed;
- Maintain audit trail for all projects matters ie. proper book keeping both soft and hard copies, proper filling of project documents e.t.c
- Ensure sufficient internal controls are maintained throughout the project life, ie. bank reconciliations and all expenses are with proper approvals.
- Maintain project fixed assets register
- Develop and monitor budgets for the project;
- Effectively communicate to ensure understanding of donor regulations, cost norms and requirements.
- Work with procurement process to ensure proper planning, purchasing and distribution of project products in compliance with Rafiki-SDO policies and donor regulations;
- Assess cost-effectiveness of methodologies proposed by the project leadership team;
- Coordinate input for the annual budgeting process.
- Supervise other financial and administrative staff;
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of complete and accurate financial reports and cash requests as per donor requirements.
- Maintain effective linkages between technical components, grants and finance and administrative functions within the project.
- Oversee compliance of Donor financial policy guidelines, policies and procedure of Government of Tanzania relating to all statutory requirements (PAYE, WHT, WCF, NSSF, HESLB) and any other income tax.
Dealing with Problems:
Complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required to solve them
- Collates and provides technical support for the implementation of the project within assigned districts
- Puts in place systems to monitor and provide technical soundness in the implementation of the project in assigned districts/areas
- Works with minimum supervision
- Analyses issues for decision making to strengthen and support delivery of Education programs that meets organizational requirements and refer to line manager for approval.
Communications and Working Relationships:
Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact
- Maintains high contact with staff working on education program activities at PU or district level to offer support for understanding and implementation of education related activities
- There is a low contact with other staff to support them with understanding education programs and their support in the implementation of related activities.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Gained through education, training, & experience
Qualification and Experience
- University degree in Accounting and Finance.
- At least five (05) years of experience working on donor-funded development programs and financial management
- At least three (03) years in a supervisory role
- High understanding in procurement procedures
- Experience in projects related to the following intervention; Economic strengthening, Youth and Adolescent work, ECD, OVC issues and child protection.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
Demonstrated behaviors needed by the post holder to successfully perform the role:
- Demonstrating High level of confidentiality
- Knowledgeable of the education systems and activities in Tanzania
- Develops, motivates, coaches and promotes high performance by partners’ staff and collaborators.
- Working under pressure.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Develops winning grants proposals.
- Works in a participative community approach.
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice.
- Good financial and administrative skills, including mastery of relevant software, such as Excel and accounting software;
- Expertise in the financial, regulatory, and contracting aspects.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills in English;
- Ability to multi-task and to delegate, as appropriate;
- Clear interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively with project technical team on project finance and administration issues and tasks.
Physical Environment and Demands:
May be “typical office environment”; note if heavy lifting, climbing, excess travel, etc. Travel requirements
This position entails 10% travelling within communities in the Program Units or project districts.
Level of Contact with Children:
Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction
Mid contact: Occasional interaction with children
High level: Frequent interaction with children
HOW TO APPLY:
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter to Executive Director describing why you are the right candidate for this position, curriculum vitae detailing your experience, copy of educational certificates and three (3) professional referees from previous and current place of employment. Please send the application to email@example.com and indicate the position title in the email subject line. The closing date for these applications will be on Thursday, 18th May 2023, 17:00 hrs.
NOTE: Rafiki-SDO will not refund any costs
incurred by any applicant in preparation for this application. This
includes, but not limited to cost for submitting an application,
attending interview and other communication related to the application. Rafiki-SDO
will inform those successful, if you will not be contacted two weeks
after closing date of this job advert consider yourself as unsuccessful.
Thank you for your interest of working with Rafiki-SDO and supporting
initiatives for saving children, youths and marginalized groups.