About the job
Must reside in Mtwara or open to relocate to Mtwara at own expenseAccountabilities & Responsibility Areas
- 3 – 5 years of experience working in the Mtwara Port and a good relationship with the Tanzania Port Authority.
- Responsible for the operation of the Alistair Freeport facility in line with Alistair Group policies
- Assess the availability of pace and prepare stacking/storage plans prior to programming/contingency commodities arrivals
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
- Produce and Monitor the progress of all incoming and existing consignments.
- Supervise the receipt and inspection of all arriving consignments.
- Supervise the inspection and release of all departing consignments.
- Monitor the quantity and quality of commodity (ies) stored.
- Carry out regular physical random warehouse checks of commodities and inventory.
- Develop warehouse facility operations policies and procedures and communicate this information to staff/group.
- Direct and control corporate governance and regulatory compliance procedures within the warehouse operations department.
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining files and processing paperwork (Import/Export/Bin Card).
- Produce weekly and monthly inventory reports.
- Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are properly maintained.
- Perform other work-related tasks as required as assigned.
- Ensuring the company Receiving SOP is strictly followed at all times
- Inventory management (routine stock checks and count)
- Warehouse mapping, and stock count report (internal – once weekly)
- Twice daily internal updates on warehouse status
- Casual labour management
- Equipment maintenance and refueling
- HSSEQ Compliance
- Coordination of operators
- Briefing on warehouse operations
- General warehouse upkeep and housekeeping
- Management of petty cash
By completing your details and clicking “Submit Application” you consent to Alistair Group processing your personal information in accordance with our