Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit Construction Manager to join the Tembo Nickel Project Team. This role is based at Ngara Site. The Construction Manager will be responsible for the direction and management of all construction projects through design, implementation, development, and delivery. The successful candidate for this role will report to the Mine General Manager and will work a 6/3 Roster.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
- Ensure the whole construction Team operates in safe environment.
- Develop and lead the set-up, planning, development, implementation, and execution of construction project in terms of world’s best practices.
- Direct and manage construction studies i.e., Conceptual, Scoping, Preliminary Economic Assessments (PEA), Pre-feasibility and Feasibility.
- Direct construction project’s technical disciplines across the life cycle and manage internal and external stakeholders to the successful delivery of the project.
- Lead potential due diligence processes on the project with financial institutions.
- Setup construction team, complete with resources and structures which may include technical support, project controls, project management, external consultants, contractors etc.
- Direct, manage and coordinates the efforts of various project and control managers to ensure that the projects are developed and executed in accordance with respective budgets, timelines, and quality.
- Ensure that construction project contribute towards the social, economic, and institutional development of all stakeholders.
- Ensuring stringent application to safety, health, environmental and quality policies, avoid harm to people and the environment and ensure compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements.
- Optimize construction project outcomes through rigorous contract management, claim management, risk, and opportunity management.
- Direct and control the master baseline schedules for the development of any construction project.
- Manage the project budget and monitors actual spent and forecast to complete to ensure the projects does not exceed budgets.
- Makes presentations to potential investors, business partners and company executives concerning different phases and updates of the construction projects.
- Develop and implement capital projects risk management strategies.
- Has good leadership and management skills.
Experience and Qualifications
- The Construction Manager should be a Construction Professional with a degree in either Project Management or mechanical engineering and have relevant construction experience.
- 10-15 years of project management experience, specific to the mining, mineral processing and metals industry is compulsory.
Tembo Nickel offers a competitive remuneration package and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role title in the subject via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date is 19th May,2023
Note: We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities based on merits and we do not charge candidates any fees in the whole recruitment process
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
For and on behalf of Tembo Nickel, Kabanga Nickel Project