Premier Relationship Manager-2 at Absa
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with usWith over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
To develop and grow relationships with Absa Premier customers and growing the customer base through targeted sales efforts and the delivery of impeccable service.
Main accountabilities and approximate time split
Relationship building: 15%
- Manage the banking relationships of portfolio of high net worth customers which may include senior local political figures and well known business people.
- When interacting with entrepreneurs, identify potential opportunities to present the bank’s Business Banking offering and ensure that leads are passed on to the Business banking or SME Banking team for follow-up. Arrange introductions where appropriate.
- Continuously monitor utilization of credit facilities and other products such as overdrafts. Identify and resolve under-utilisation by contacting customers to determine the reasons and escalating service issues
- Conduct regular customer visits and arrange focused social events and individual entertainments in order to build long-term relationships.
- Make BBT the primary banking relationship and main holder of client’s deposits.
- Research, create and follow up on a target list for potential new business
- Identify priority customers using the Daily/Weekly and Monthly reports to assess their present and potential contribution.
- Gather all the required information that is needed to prepare and assess credit applications. Role holder will be expected to input certain key information such as judgmental information.
- Control and quality of the portfolio, using available triggers and adherence to Risk management guidelines and policies.
- Achieve agreed sales targets for new accounts, cards, assets and liabilities through a proactive calling programme to a base of up to 500 clients for Tanzania Premier
- Review reports from branches indicating income levels of existing standard customers and identify names that could become Premier clients.
- Conduct a detailed needs analysis for all existing and potential customers to determine which products would suit their needs. The product suit includes all products available to standard and Premier customers.
- Create customer proposals based on the needs analysis and follow through the sales process.
- Create a lead base of external target market through networking and attending social events, seminars addressing deposit and asset management and other appropriate events.
- Review the local media to identify potential target market customers.
- Increase product penetration for existing customer base by reviewing their portfolio to determine potential cross sells and proactively recommend new products to customers
- Manage own calling programme, including identifying names to call on in a particular month and setting up the meetings. Obtain advice from the Head of Premier where required.
- On a monthly basis, compile a report on the calling programme for the month and personal sales progress against the targets as agreed. Present the report to the Head of Premier
- Monitor operational delivery of customer requirements, summarise systemic failures and raise to the Head of Premier for further follow-up at CMC level.
- Log and follow up written responses to customer complaints from customer service
- Obtain summarise of complaints and complaint trend analysis from the Customer Service Manager on a monthly basis. Follow up with selected customers to determine if their complaints were handled satisfactorily
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Absa Operational Risk Framework and internal Absa Policies and Standards
Manage risk and control effectively by applying applicable risk frameworks and embedding a positive risk culture
- Understanding of own role in the end to end processes in which you play a part, including applicable risks and controls.
- Adhere to Absa’s policies and procedures applicable to own role, demonstrating sound judgement and responsible risk management.
- Report all risk events / incidents / issues using the defined process for your business area and help to understand why these happened and how to prevent them in future.
- Proactively look for ways to improve the control environment by considering what could go wrong in the processes you operate and how errors could be prevented.
- Continuous and proactive engagement with regulatory bodies, unions where applicable
- All mandatory training completed to deadline
Skills & Competencies
- People leadership – including strong communications, coaching and people development skills
- Planning & Organising
- Effective interpersonal skills (questioning and listening)
- Outstanding Customer Service
- Strong commercial ability
- Sales leadership ability
- Enthusiastic and customer focused attitude
- Adaptable to and able to lead change
- Branch Operations
- Operated in a customer facing role where service is paramount
- Confidence in complaint handling
- Undertaking full performance management responsibilities
- Operated in a financial, regulatory environment
- Banking products, processes and services
- Customer service standards
- IT literate
- Sales management principles
- Banking risk and compliance approaches
Absa ValuesAbsa Values and Behaviours represent the set of standards which governs the actions of all of us who work for the bank and against which the performance of every one of us in Absa are being assessed and rewarded:
- I drive high performance to achieve sustainable results
- I’m obsessed with customer
- I have an African heartbeat
- I believe our people are our strengths
National Diplomas and Advanced Certificates: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)