ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Senior Supervisor – UG Mining Services & Construction
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Department: Underground Mining
Reporting to: Superintendent 2 – UG Mining Services & Construction
Number of Positions: One (01)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To support the underground superintendent 2 mining services and construction activities such as supervising all UG civil work construction (drilling concrete pads), vent wall shotcreting, installation of vent doors & Drop Boards Regulators (DBR), Stope backfilling using CAF, CRF or Slurry, inspect and maintain standard of backfilling infrastructures.
- Completion of Secondary School Education.
- Valid Driving License.
- Valid Blasting Certificates.
- Site Entry requirements which may include mines Health Surveillance.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- At least 5 years of working experience in a related field, such as Shotcreting, vent wall construction, concrete pad, installation of truck and loader wheel stopes.
- Experience in working at mechanized mine.
- Backfilling experience including paste, CRF and CAF.
- Proven track record of managing and leading large and diverse teams
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure that underground supervisors understand and comply to all statutory, legislative and GGM requirements and review on quarterly basis.
- Discuss and review 3MS monthly, weekly, and daily work plans with supervisors to meet planned expectations – CAF Backfilling tonnage.
- Ensure that CAF reticulation inspections are completed, and any hazards are recorded and rectified.
- Ensure all personnel are aware and committed to their DUTY OF CARE responsibilities.
- Ensure all incidents are reported, recorded, and investigated as per GGM policy.
- Ensure no damages are caused to CAF hoppers, vent doors, vent wall or to underground CAF chutes.
- Ensure CAF trucks follow and comply with communications and traffic management plan during filling operations
- Monitor and minimize wastages in order to control operational cost in the department.
- Develop teamwork among subordinates including the development of individual skills.
- Weekly inspection of all underground working areas and ensure good compliance to departmental leading indicators.
- Encourage participation in toolbox and safety meetings and high standard of housekeeping.
- Proper time management in the shift and maximum utilization of availability of the CAF equipment.
- Coordinate, assign, and monitor the daily backfilling activity to ensure that backfilling tonnage target requirements are met in the safest and most efficient manner.
- Determine manpower needs and replacements to ensure qualified employees from the workforce are properly assigned.
- Regular inspections of the mine to observe backfilling, shotcreting and other mining services and construction practices adhere to quality, quantity, and safety.
- Weekly active CAF reticulation, truck wheel stop, and hoppers inspections are completed, and any hazards are recorded and rectified.
- Ensure no damages are caused to underground equipment or to underground infrastructures.
- Weekly Inspection of all active headings and ensure that they are well equipped with different sizes of scaling bars.
- Weekly inspection of all UG backfill reticulation (hoppers, chutes, CAF holes, truck, and loader wheel stops) meet approved standard.
- Stop any work if cannot be done safely or may have negative impacts to environment.
- Allocation of available resources for achieving daily planned targets.
- Initiate process of disciplinary action against employees as per GGM disciplinary procedure.
- Review shift roster for UG employees to suit operational needs.
- Identify weakness and strength of UG employees and organize specific training to improve individual performance.
- Review by signing off mining instructions/memos before been issued to operators.
- Address non-conformance of both PPE and working tools standards.
- Enforce to the team not to operate any underground equipment if not properly maintained/repaired to required standard.
- Ability to manage cost.
- Demonstrable record of managing safe mine operations, with a good knowledge of relevant international mining standards.
- Working knowledge of underground mining and haulage.
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams to achieve successful outcomes.
- Fluent in English (oral and written).
- Ability to work collaboratively with and manage a culturally diversified workforce.
- Able to incorporate the company’s safety and environmental polices during the conduct of work so that mine designs and outcomes directly under their control are in accordance with the company’s and statutory requirements.
- The ability to work across all disciplines, where rigorous engagement and interaction is expected.
- The ability to handle work related conflicts and resolve them.
- The ability to utilize equipment, office software – MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) to prepare correspondence, reports, forms, mailings.
- The ability to work and communicate with people at all levels/good interpersonal skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking APPLY buttorn below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names, and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources’’ Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Senior Supervisor – UG Mining Services & Construction”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 11th April 2023 at 5:30 PM
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing speakupAGA@ethics-line.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com