Board Directorship Positions at Maendeleo Bank PLC
Maendeleo Bank PLC commenced operations in September 2013 as a Regional Bank with its Headquarters at Luther House Sokoine Drive Dar es Salaam. It is the first bank in Tanzania to be listed on Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange (DSE) from its inception through the Enterprise Growth Market (EGM) window. Its Mission is to provide innovative, customer needs driven financial services with competitive returns to our Shareholders.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The bank invites applications from suitably qualified individuals of high personal integrity and clean track record to serve in the Board of Directors appointed as Non -Executive Directors of the Board to represent the Shareholders.
REQUIREMENT OF A BOARD DIRECTOR:
In line with Section 5(2) of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act (Corporate Governance) Regulations, 2021 candidates for the Board of Directors position should have the expertise and knowledge in the following academia: Banking; or Finance; or Accounting; or Auditing; or Law; or Economics.
- To determine the bank’s Vision, Mission and Values
- To formulate, monitor and evaluate bank’s Policies and Strategies
- To review on a regular basis the adequacy and integrity of the Bank’s internal control, financial reporting, risk management, and management information systems including compliance with applicable laws, regulations, rules and guidelines.
- To appoint and regularly review the performance of the Managing Director and Senior Management of the bank.
- To carry out self-assessment as well as evaluate other Board of Directors.
- To regularly attend and effectively participate in Board, Committee and other important meetings.
- To meet the obligation of accountability to Shareholders.
- To perform any other duties stipulated under the law.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A holder of degree in Banking; or Finance; or Accounting; or Auditing; or Law; or Economics with extensive professional experience of not less than five years in Senior Managerial level in any reputable organization and must have knowledge of the sector especially issues affecting the banking sector.
- High moral and ethical character. Must exhibit independence, objectivity and capable of serving as a representative of the Shareholders.
- A Shareholder of Maendeleo Bank PLC, committed and possessing personal qualities to make effective contributions to Board deliberations
- Must not have any criminal record or history of bankruptcy.
Mode of Application:
Interested Candidates are requested to submit the following:
- An application letter detailing their suitability for the position,
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV),
- Certified copies of Certificates and Awards,
- Certified copies of last two pages of a current Passport,
- Two recent passport size Photographs
To be addressed to:
The Chairman, Nomination Committee,
Maendeleo Bank PLC
P.O. Box. 216, Dar es Salaam.
Deadline for submission of applications is 28th March 2023 at 4.00pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that candidates will meet their own travel and accommodation costs for the interviews.
Maendeleo Bank PLC strongly encourages women to apply.