RTI International (www.rti.org) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
Purpose of the position:
The Grants Officer will work in close collaboration with the Grants Team to implement and manage the project’s grants portfolio from inception to close out.
- Coordinate the grant selection process from issuing requests for application (RFAs) through the selection committee and delivering grant awards.
- Support the implementation and management of a minimum of 10 grants per year, including multi-year grants with key local organizations.
- Conduct grantee kickoff meetings to ensure consistency and clarity on the technical, financial, administrative, and monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL)aspects of grant implementation. Carry out field visits to prospective grantees as required.
- Monitor implementation and progress of grantees via frequent collaborating, learning, and adapting(CLA) feedback loops, site visits, bi-annual workshops, refresher courses, and a remote help desk.
- Prepare all required documentation for the grant applications’ evaluation by the selection committee as per approved procedures.
- Ensure that the outcome of grant applications’ review is documented as per approved supporting tools and that all required approvals are obtained.
- Prepare grant agreements with required attachments
- Implement sound mechanisms that facilitate the grant funds disbursement and justification of expenses.
- Master’s degree in business administration, social sciences, or related field and minimum of 1 year of experience or bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience managing grants programs for international donor-funded projects, including USAID-funded projects.
- Knowledge of USAID grants management policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
Senior Grants Specialist
Purpose of the position:
The Senior Grants Specialist will lead day-to-day administration of sub-grantees that may be engaged through grant or other contractual mechanisms under RTI policies and procedures, encompassing the solicitation phase through closure. He/She will be responsible for monitoring compliance with (a) award-specific requirements and (b) applicable regulations, as incorporated in the awards.
- Create and issue Requests for Applications (RFAs) with the input and oversight of the Activity team, including the Chief of Party, Deputy Chiefs of Party, and RTI Contracts Office.
- Review and negotiate all grant applications and participate in evaluation committees, in coordination with others on the project team.
- Coordinate and conduct compliance review(s) and pre-award surveys.
- Orient grantees on organizational policies and compliance.
- Support grantees to account and report for the funds.
- Coordinate execution of award documents (pre-award authorizations, awards, modifications, etc.).
- Close out completed grants and ensure audit trail for all necessary grant documentation.
- Track all deliverables, ensuring grantees stay up to date on their work, troubleshoot problems as they arise, and keep management apprised of the status of all grants.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business administration, social sciences, or related field and 8 years of experience, Master’s degree and 6 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 6 years of relevant work experience in finance and grants management, preferably with managing budgets in excess of USD $1 million.
- Strong accounting experience as well as experience with USAID, or other donor agency regulations highly preferred.
- Experience in international non-profits.
How to apply
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates may apply by submitting an updated CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference the position title in subject line. The deadline for submitting applications is 13th November 2021.
ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED