Bulyanhulu Gold Mine Barrick has gold and copper mining operations and projects in 13 countries in North and South America, Africa, Papua New Guinea and Saudi Arabia. Our diversified portfolio spans many of the world’s prolific gold districts and is focused on high-margin, long-life assets.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The company’s shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol GOLD, and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ABX.
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Automation Auto Electrician to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering & Services department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Position:Automation Auto Electrician
Reporting to: Automation Foreman
- Responsible for maintaining and repairing all the mobile fleet equipment related to the automation production area at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine.
- High level focused on the Sandvik machines automation system and automation drive.
- Performing work associated with diagnostic, maintenance and repair of all types of heavy machinery and special equipment and components, for example: hydraulic systems including, hydraulic control valves (manual and electronic), hydraulic cylinders, pumps and motors, automatic and manual transmissions, brake systems, ignition and fuel systems, steering and powertrain systems, tires, electrical systems, batteries starters, generators and maintain other related components as required.
- As part of the fleet maintenance program inputting data into fleet tracking software is critical. All technicians must utilize a computer to input work orders, time and related computer tasks.
- Maintenance of electrical and instrumentation equipment (PLC Controls)
- Electrical and instrument fault finding.
- Performing statutory testing and inspections on all electrical distribution systems.
- Develop and lead a team of employees
- Perform planned maintenance work tasks
- Report to the mobile fleet maintenance foreman on all planned and unplanned work regarding the automation system.
- May be required to perform additional duties and tasks required by your supervisor.
- Auto Electrical Trade
- Mechanical Trade
- High level computer skills
- RCT cert. 4 minimum, cert 5 favoured
- Sandvik System Specialist Highly Favoured
- Previous experience in installation and implementation of automation program packages with data collection and tracking capability.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Sandvik Automation Specialist, exposure to MCS systems, Optimine, and Lite Specialist.
- Working knowledge and exposure to Newtraxs
- Exposure to industry best preventative maintenance regimes is imperative to ensure machinery and equipment and other assets are maintained to high level of availability, and in accordance with company policies at all times. The ability to prioritize repairs and take instruction in order to reduce downtime and delays is foremost in maximizing machine availability and operator utilization.
- High level understanding of auto electrical automation planning and execution.
- The ability to comprehend OEM manuals, diagrams and drawings is essential in performance of this role.
- Proven experience managing and training a team of maintenance personnel to high standards.
Position:Mobile Fleet HD Technician
Reporting to: First Line Leader Mobile Fleet Underground
Duration: 2 Years
- Follow all maintenance procedures, and ensure the completion of mechanical activities according to standard without causing any further damage to any component / system / equipment.
- Ensure equipment isolation, adhere to working at height and confined space standards/ procedures, and conduct pre-start checks/ inspections.
- Carry out mechanical repair and preventative maintenance to maintain Plant and Mobile equipment in a safe and efficient manner to achieve production and cost targets.
- Carry out troubleshooting, fault finding and corrective maintenance in order to solve unplanned equipment unavailability events.
- Ensure that maintenance practices result in maximum equipment availability.
- Utilize work instructions to determine job requirements, including job sheets, quality and quantity of materials/ resources etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance inspection according to the maintenance requirements and ensure preventive maintenance compliance.
- Conduct Mobile and Plant equipment upgrades/ modification as required.
- Removal of machine components and replacement.
- Provide accurate and timely feedback to the First Line Leader on conditions that may affect functionality of equipment.
- Ensure First Line Leaders and all stakeholders are kept informed of equipment availability status.
- Follow up of outstanding maintenance/ repairs.
- Complete shift handover process.
- Actively participate in training activities to gain new skills, and develop full potential.
- The ability to prioritize repairs and take instruction in order to reduce downtime and delays is foremost in maximizing machine availability and operator utilization.
- Under the direction of the First Line Leader, provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to less experience personnel.
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Heavy Diesel Fitter Trade
- Valid driving license
- Extensive knowledge on Sandvik Underground Trackless Mining Equipment
- Minimum 5yrs working on Sandvik mechanized mining equipment.
- Must have proven experience working as part of high speed mechanized jumbo development maintenance team with a sound understanding of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems on mobile machinery.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Skills and knowledge on diagnose faults and rectify in a time efficient manner is critical.
- Exposure to work with automation of underground mechanized mining equipment.
- Exposure to industry best preventative maintenance regimes is imperative to ensure machinery and equipment is maintained to high level of availability at all times.
Reporting to: Mining Foreman
- Plan and organize resources, people and equipment to ensure the execution of the mining schedule
- Obtain, check and refine information. Collate and submit reports. Run data exception reports and take corrective action. Conduct document control spot-checks(5 point)
- Identify recurring problems and derive solutions involving team members.
- Recognize and reward team member efforts
- Promote and assure adherence to safety, health and environmental procedures. Identify unsafe and hazardous situation
- Interpret the approved operational plans. Determine how resources and processes must be utilised / applied to achieve objectives
- Conduct meetings with Miners and report on previous shift status. Identify constraints and compare planned development and production against actual.
- Identify own priorities including PTO’s (Plan Task Observations), leadership interactions, heading inspections and communicate constraints to relevant stakeholders
- Plan, coordinate and control the load and haul process
- Ordinary secondary education
- Blasting Certificate
- Valid Driving Licence
- At least 3 years Drill and Blast experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Supervisory role
- At least 2 years Load and Haul operations experience as a Miner
- At least 2 years construction experience as a Miner
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
|If you are not contacted by Barrick –
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date,
you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed
candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance;
competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference
Please forward applications before 11th June 2021
|BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com|