The Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) is an ecumenical body established in 1992 by the Christian Council of Tanzania and the Tanzania Episcopal Conference, to coordinate and facilitate the delivery of social services (health and education) by the member churches in Tanzania. For 28 years, CSSC has been serving and coordinate a network of more than 900 church-owned health facilities, including 105 large hospitals at Zonal, Regional and District/Council levels. In addition, CSSC coordinates a network of more than 1,000 church owned education facilities. Majority of these church health and education facilities are located in remote and rural areas where more than 70% of the Tanzanian population reside in those areas.
Amref Health Africa, a Principle Recipient of Global Fund grant has selected CSSC to be the Sub Recipient (SR) to be implemented the Global Fund – PMTCT component from 1st April 2021 to 31st December 2023. CSSC will implement PMTCT activities in 8 regions of Lindi, Pwani, Arusha, Shinyanga, Tabora, Morogoro, Geita and Mwanza.
The award intends to strengthen PMTCT services within the supported targeted regions. In line with the goal to achieve elimination of mother to child transmission, the community interventions will expand the scope of services for PMTCT and with more emphasis on reaching mothers and their babies through the mentor mothers’ program. PMTCT will be provided in fifty-seven (57) councils
In view of the above, CSSC is hereby seeking applications from highly qualified, well experienced, competent and motivated persons to fill-in the following vacant positions.
Employment Opportunities at Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC)
Title: Drivers- 4 Post
Report to: Administrative Assistant
Location: In one of these regions Lindi, Pwani, Arusha, Shinyanga, Tabora, Morogoro, Geita and Mwanza
This position is responsible for carrying out duties as a driver, effectively and efficiently, observing all current CSSC vehicle policy and procedures. The driver will also be responsible for ensuring safety of the passengers, vehicle and the tools assigned to him/her and devising ways and maintaining high fuel efficiency and low maintenance costs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out preventive maintenance checks of assigned vehicle(s) as per CSSC’s prescribed checklist.
- Carry out all driving tasks as needed by the office and as assigned by the supervisor and as per vehicle request approved form.
- Observe the specified speed limits at all times
- Bring to the immediate attention of the supervisor any and all minor/major defects that have happened or been notice during the day or accidents that have happened that day. Present to the supervisor in writing the details of any accident by checking and filling vehicle report form in every Monday of each week.
- Record daily trips, fuel consumption, mileage, and timings in the “log book” provided for the assigned vehicle.
- Record all servicing and repairs both KM for service, next service and total cost of that service received in the log book provided for the assigned vehicle.
- Under any circumstance when the drivers are out of the office either after working hours or within the working hours the driver is supposed to place the car keys to the supervisor.
- Ensure the safe parking; whenever possible when the vehicle is on duty, vehicle is on the way at night, during breakdowns and when it is not in use.
- Drive staff on short and long trips as per daily GF-PMTCT Project requests.
- Maintain and adhere to road traffic policies and procedures as per Tanzania Government laws.
- Immediately notify his/her superior as well as the local authorities in case of any accident in which he/she is involved.
- Carry out work responsibilities in such a way so as to promote the image and work of CSSC
- Ensure all necessary vehicle documents (e.g. insurance, registration documents, etc.) are present in the vehicle and up to date.
- Keep track of the scheduled service time of the vehicle, in order to make sure that servicing is performed in time.
- Take care of vehicles tools and cleanliness.
- Ensure that assigned vehicle is completely equipped with a First Aid Kit, spare tire, working flashlight and batteries, vehicle jack, wheel brace and a tool kit (spanner, wrench, tyre, removers, patch kit, etc. Collect and deliver mail, documents, and other items;
- Optimize use of the vehicle; assist in the registration of new vehicles, renewal of insurance, road licenses etc.
- Undertake any other duty as will be assigned by the supervisor
- Secondary School Education Certificate
- Class C Driving License
- Certificate from National Institute of Transport or any other recognized Institute of driving and Motor Vehicle Maintenance.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a driver in NGO/FBO, Government sectors etc.
- Mechanic skills
- Good command of Kiswahili and English language
Title: GF-PMTCT Regional Officers- 6 Posts
Report to: GF-PMTCT Coordinator
Location: Lindi, Pwani, Arusha, Shinyanga, Tabora, Morogoro, Geita and Mwanza
GF-PMTCT Regional Program Officer will be responsible to oversee GF-PMTCT in the implementing region He/she will also facilitate HIV prevention, care, treatment and supported services for Pregnant/lactating women. S/he will be responsible to oversee HIV diagnosis in women and partners attending antenatal services (ANC), HIV exposed infants (EID) and children in the supported region. This entails HIV counselling and testing at all entry points including PITC and EID services, linkage and retention of Mother and Infant pairs in the regional care and treatment program. On daily basis s/he will work with Regional Health Management team (RHMT) and Council Health Management Team (CHMT) to ensure quality and sustainable health services are provided along the PMTCT/EID/Pediatric continuum of car
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides support to the R/CHMT coordination and supervision of all GF-PMTCT activities in one of the 8 implementing regions.
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to GF-PMTCT program related to quality improvement initiatives in the supported councils.
- Coordinate and carryout supportive supervision and mentoring of health care workers on GF-PMTCT program in the respective councils to ensure quality assurance of the services and improve service delivery.
- Maintains close liaison with other stakeholders engaged in provision of PMTCT services in the respective Regions and District Councils.
- Remains informed on current programs in the field of PMTCT related development by reviewing current literature and stay alert to any implication of such experience
- Collaborate with R/CHMTs to organize and attend meetings related to PMTCT services and engage other PMTCT stakeholders in the target regions to enhance PMTCT services and partnership.
- Participate in the Regional, Councils all other relevant meetings/forums.
- Provide technical guidance to health facilities in the implementing regions in preparation and review of work plans and ensure such plans are implemented accordingly.
- Participate in the development of the Program Yearly Plan and budget.
- Work closely with the other Councils technical staff supporting adolescent, adult and Pediatric care and treatment, HTS and laboratory service.
- Prepare and submit regional project progress & implementation reports timely
- Perform other related responsibilities as required and assigned by the supervisor.
MD, BScN, Dipl.Nursing, MPH or Equivalent, with over 3 years experience working in PMTCT, MNCH or HIV care and treatment projects.
Experiences and Skills
- Proven experience in performance-based planning, implementation and reporting skills
- A minimum of 3 years of hands on experience as an officer position in HIV or RMCH program.
- Relevant experience in donor-funded project/programme management;
- Computer literacy, with comfortable working experience with the basic Microsoft packages (Word, Lotus Notes, Power point, Excel & and Access).
- Demonstrated abilities in assessment techniques and analytical skills; report writing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to work independently whilst maintaining effective communication at all levels
- Proven coaching / mentoring and team building skills
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are to submit their application letter. The subject line of your job application email should indicate the position that you are applying for; your CV must include the contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees. All correspondence MUST reach CSSC before 1600hrs March 22nd 2021 and channeled through the following email address: email@example.com
Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself unsuccessful.Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.