Requisition ID: req12295
Job Title: Play Well Distribution Officer
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kasulu, Tanzania
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The COVID-19 pandemic has left many across the world in need of lifesaving and life-sustaining support. Beyond this immediate need for aid, millions of children are out of school and at home. It is hard to measure the losses for families and individuals when children are not in school, with severe learning loss, uncertain futures and generational consequences for children all while parents struggle to balance work with childcare and their own child’s education if they can. School closures compound and deepen educational inequities, with high-resource communities and families more able to fill the learning gap with—for example—access to remote learning options like internet-based activities.
The PlayWell Distribution Officer will be the key person responsible to implement and manage the content delivery system to beneficiaries in Tanzania. S/he will work closely with M&E department to share evidence about the content disseminated over multiple channels and provide data and analytics. The incumbent will ensure effective use of the system by closely coordinating with the technology and distribution partner.
- Develop radio broadcasting schedule in coordination with radio partners and ensure adherence to the broadcasting schedule.
- Coordinate with radio partners to arrange public campaign about radio broadcast and ensure promos are broadcasted as per agreed schedule.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders such as UNHCR, Ministry of Home Affairs, Presidents Office Regional Administration and Local Governance, and education partners in mobilization and distribution of materials
- Proactively monitor radio broadcasting schedule and integrate SMS campaign to inform beneficiaries about the weekly IRI episode.
- Ensure that the IRI episodes are available through radio partner website.
- Manage IVR, SMS, WhatsApp and Facebook Channel (this includes Add, Update and Delete menu items).
- Plan, prepare and manage the distribution of publicity materials through various social media platforms. This includes using Facebook, SMS and WhatsApp to reach out to beneficiaries about the availability of new content.
- Manage recordings for IVR, test and update the menu.
- Use robocall to reach out caregivers through audio segments.
- Update address book based on the system log, exclude not working, and blocked numbers.
- Schedule outgoing calls to intended beneficiaries.
- Send an informational message before the IVR Call.
- Extract the system log and analyze and develop the content-based report.
- Test the SMS with core working group to check the appropriateness of text.
- Schedule and send the SMS.
- Design Feedback SMS on the system and send it to beneficiaries.
- Compile the feedback and analyze data and develop reports.
- Create and update menu for incoming messages and develop routing flow for WhatsApp and Facebook Channels.
- Develop template messages for multimedia content and disseminate weekly template messages.
- Liaise with M&E team and extract system log of all channels to update program performance trackers for course correction.
- Coordinate with community radio stations and share the audio episodes and devise broadcasting schedule.
- Liaise with M&E team, distribution partners, and operation team to collect evidence of distribution.
- At least 5 years relevant sector experience.
- Must have managed WhatsApp Business API, Facebook, IVR, SMS and Podcast platforms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the use of ICT solutions, preferably within education, in low bandwidth/income environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT, MIS, Computer Science, or any bachelor’s degree with excellent knowledge of ICT4D.
- Familiarity with the use of ICT in reaching marginalized populations.
- Strong knowledge of data analysis and evidence-based reporting.
- Experience in staff capacity-building and in participatory, flexible, and gender-sensitive programming and implementation.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written; Fluency in English is required.
- Women and People with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
- Submission deadline for application is February 26th 2021.