HR & Admin Team Leader
About the job
The HR and Administration Team Leader, will work under the supervision of the Support Services and will be responsible for carrying out HR and administrative tasks as related to smooth operation of the DRC Tanzania and Burundi Programme. The HR portfolio pertains to the following areas: People Planning, Recruitment, Performance, Staff Development, Well-being, Compensations & Benefits
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Recruitment, development and people planning
- Drive and support recruitment and selection activities ensuring compliance with DRC recruitment procedures for Tanzania and Burundi National Staff positions.
- Work with senior management team and senior staff on new staff retention strategies and initiatives.
- Support line manage in ensuring oversight and consistency in position titles and grades, across all field locations
- Timely preparation of quality HR correspondences and packages relating to staff recruitment, contract terminations, promotions, transfers, salary adjustments, employee requests, background checks and separations in line with DRC policies and standards.
- Responsible for managing staff data in the DRC Dynamics including staff hiring and data updating.
- Ensure personnel files are complete and updated while ensuring adherence to highest levels of confidentiality.
- Support staff development activities including promoting the DRC Learning Catalogue.
- In consultation with Management to identify staff learning gaps and based on individual accountability plans & changing circumstances to facilitate planning of appropriate staff capacity enhancement programs and assist in delivering learning where possible.
- Provide support in HR budget preparation and monitoring of related expenses.
- Prepare quality HR quarterly and year end reports within stipulated time frames for review by Reginal Human Resource Manager.
- Provide support in identifying and addressing HR risks, clarify policies and provision of general support to staff in relation to Higher Education Student Loan Board, WCF etc.
- Preparation of Monthly payroll for Tanzanian and Burundian staff under Supervision of Support Services Manager and Burundian Finance Officer.
- Support HR and admin teams in Burundi field offices.
- Support line manager in CoC refresher, people management and ERP related trainings.
- Proactively respond to and manage performance counselling, employee grievances and disciplinary issues as required, with a focus on building manager competency and ensuring that documentation is kept
- Lead the performance management process
- Act as an impartial mediator in disciplinary procedures and ensure it is administered in an equitable and fair manner and meets all legal and labour regulations and requirements
- Work closely with Medical insurance while acting as a focal point to ensure staffs are getting the required services in line with the policy.
- Lead people well-being initiatives
- Define and review salary structure in partnership with the Senior Management team and coordinate annual compensation review process and compensation adjustments
- Promote and adhere to policies and procedures in line with DRC global policies and local labour laws
- Administer onboarding process for new staff for the country operation, and support line manager in ensuring full implementation
- Maintain and update National Staff Human Resources Manual as necessary
- Proactively pursue continuous process improvement in Human Resources related practices in order to enhance the quality and efficiency of output/delivery
- Work closely with Regional HR Manager to share information and provide support as required
- To support Expatriate in HR and Admin issues under supervision of Regional HR Manager
- Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
- Provide administrative support to Support Services as requested.
- In absence of Administration Officer, coordinate the organization of field visits for external visitors in terms of housing and transport;
- Assist periodically in ordering ID Cards, Business cards and relevant visibility items of Staff as requested.
- Oversee administration of the Kibondo field office, ensuring efficient management of the administration support functions. This includes management and maintenance of DRC facilities such as office and guesthouse, leases, utility payments, manage office/guesthouse cleaners, travel & accommodations bookings, etc.
- Manage and provide technical support to the Human Resources and Administration team.
- Ensure all staffs under her supervision (HR/Admin Assistants, Cleaners and Guards) perform their role accordingly.
To be successful in this role we expect the following experience and technical competencies:
- 5 years’ working experience in Human Resources functions in Humanitarian sector.
- University degree in human resources management, public or business administration, social science, or related field.
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge/experience of Human Resources Management principles, concepts & processes
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work; Flexible in working hours when needed.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand and interpret local labour law
- Excellent skills in handling and advising on complex people management issues
- Experience in developing Human Resources strategies and policies, and driving implementation
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Proficiency in MS Office and use of ERP system, evidence of learning new technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Good customer service skills.
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills. Ability to coach and train.
- Ability to work within a multicultural team. Sensitive to cultural differences in behaviour.
- Flexible and able to handle pressure well ability to engage with staff members in an open manner, maintain confidentiality and respect;
- Familiarity with ERP systems, mainly Microsoft Dynamics or similar would be beneficial.
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Duration: Until 31st December 2020 renewable subject to Performance and Funding.
Contract: This is a national staff position, Salary and other conditions are offered in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for Tanzania National staff. The position is graded at Employment Band M.G.2
Start Date: 15th April 2020
Duty Station: Position to be based Kibondo – Tanzania with travel as required.
Reporting: This position reports to Support Services Manager; with technical reporting to Regional HR & Admin Manager.
Direct Reports: HR and Admin Assistants, Cleaners and Guards.
Commitments: DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html). All DRC staff must be committed to the Red Cross Code of Conduct, as well as the Core Humanitarian Standards.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
All applicants must send a cover letter (max 1 page) and an updated CV (max 3 pages) in English. The cover letter should outline your personal motivation for applying and your key qualifications for the position. Apply online on our page Current Vacancies at www.drc.ngo. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 26th March 2020.