SHDEPHA+ is an acronym for Service, Health, and Development for People living with HIV/AIDS. It is a national non-governmental organization, registered on 21 November 1994 with registration number SO 8216. SHDEPHA+ originated from the initiatives of fifteen people living with HIV/AIDS whose goal was to create a network and to mobilize resources to help people living with HIV/AIDS and to fight the spread of the disease. Although originally focusing on people living with HIV/AIDS, over the years SHDEPHA+ has expanded having over 65 branches countrywide and now covers people both infected and affected by HIV/AIDS. Each branch of SHDEPHA+ works independently, developing, managing and implementing its own projects; though all branches share one constitution and registration.
Kahama branch, based in Kahama District, is among the 65 branches, was
launched in 1999 and started independent operations in 2002. Since then,
SHDEPHA+ Kahama branch has been working with both international and
national donors, the local and central government, and other
stakeholders in order to work toward the United Nations Millennium
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
POSITION GAP: Biomedical service provider (01)
Location: Msalala DC, Shinyanga
Contract duration: 8 months (renewable)
Project Description: SHDEPHA+ In partnership with FHI360,is implementing a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project is dedicated to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance (TA) and direct service delivery (DSD) to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level amongst the targeted populations.
· Supervise and Works in collaboration with other members of mobile team ( regional and district authorities) to offerhigh quality HIV counselling and testing ,ART ,PreP ,Family planning ,screeningand referral for STIs, TB ,Gender based violence, linkages ,HIV care and treatment services to clients ,
Morespecifically, s/He will supervise the clinical team to,
· Provide all EpiC Biomedical services in the assigned project areas
· Enrol clients into ART and PreP services including laboratory sample collection
· Identify opportunities for the program to increase demand ,efficient and quality of service delivery
· Participate in collection and reporting of Data as required by the program and ensure proper clients record keeping and storage
· Ensure standard of care and conduct regular chart review
· Develop and maintain excellent relationship with government authorities
· Stay current in knowledge of HIV in general
· Must be a licensed nurse, nurse/midwife, clinical officer, assistant medical officer or medical officer in good standing.
· Experience working with populations at high risk for HIV, conducting outreach testing, and/or in provider initiated counseling and testing, and family planning services, desirable.
· Must be willing to be based in assigned district with extensive (weekly) travel. Must be willing to work off and unusual hours. Travel up to 60% of the time.
· Must be physically fit to assist with set up and break down of services in sites.
· Must demonstrate self-management (i.e. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability)
· Must be highly flexible
· Additional experience with PreP,ART, community counselling, mobile HTS, Family planning and GBV is desirable.
Submit your CV and Application on email@example.com