Job Title: Collector, Commission Based
- Job ID: 46523
- Job Sector: Banking
- Country: Tanzania
- Region/State/Province/District: Dar es Salaam Region
- Location: Dar es Salaam
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Risk Management: understanding all risks – from the economic to the political – that could affect our global business, and offering guidance to all parts of the bank
To effectively work all written off accounts to contribute towards increasing the recovery rate and diligently update control registers, outsourced files and supply of demographic information when required.
- To institute recovery action on all Written off accounts as and when required.
- Achieve recoveries monthly targets of 35M to ensure effective contribution to the Banks P&L
- Identify write off accounts which are collectable/uncollectable and declare them irrecoverable/abandonment while following the laid down procedures.
- Maintaining individual portfolio and ensure its properly maintained monthly and shared to TL
- Create and Maintain MI
- To assist in ensuring that present and future departmental objectives are achieved by maximising the recovery on Written off accounts.
- Prioritize accounts on which assets are unaccounted for.
- Ensure Banks control are adhered and followed as described in the guide down procedures.
- Ensure all accounts have been worked and recorded in FCM.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Law
- Four years experience in a Credit Control environment.
- Knowledge of collection procedures.
- Computer skills
- Sound knowledge of relevant statutory legislation and all legal procedures
- Sound knowledge of Bank’s products
- Good knowledge of the process workflow of overall Legal department.
- Immediate branch network knowledge.
- Ability to negotiate.
Position: Head of Risk & Control (Operations) - (2000002153)
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Tanzania-Dar es Salaam
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 03/Feb/2020
Unposting Date: 18/Feb/2020
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Work as a team to drive and support the identification and management of operational risks daily and a source of reference within the Business Unit in facilitating and promoting the understanding of Operational Risk (OR), Information and Cyber Security (ICS) and Conduct, Financial Crime, & Compliance (CFCC) requirements and issues.
- Ensure that policies are implemented effectively within Business, new regulations are properly communicated, and provide quality assurance on the the design of the control measures and monitoring plans. Co-ordinate, analyse and consolidate OR and loss reporting to the Business Unit Head and Technology and Innovation & Operations Management Forum.
- Design and implement control measures and monitoring plans for OR, ICS and CFCC management. Ensure that controls are effective for compliance monitoring and risk management.
- Ensure adherence to the risk management framework in identifying, controlling, monitoring and reporting of risk.
- Ensure sufficient actions are undertaken to mitigate, reduce or contain the identified operational risks. Undertake and / or co-ordinate periodic business monitoring (self-assessment) activities, escalating issues to Business Head.
- Ensure sufficient actions are undertaken by Business Units to comply with all key regulations, compliance and internal standards.
- Ensure the risks associated with new and changed products, services and business strategy are sufficiently assessed and mitigated.
- Assist the Business Head in preparing the business level ICS profile, OR overview and other relevant reports for the Country Non-Financial Risk Committee and Group Functions and ensure accuracy and completeness of data.
- Lead and co-ordinate effort to enhance the general risk management, conduct and compliance culture within the business. This includes communication and other initiatives to change mindset and behaviour of staff.
- Act as Country ICS Lead to drive the group and country ICS agenda, planning and implementation of objectives to enhance ICS risk management.
- Ensure all essential policy and regulatory requirements are communicated and disseminated to the relevant parties on a timely basis.
- Act as the Business Money Laundering Prevention Officer (BMLPO), to ensure appropriate internal controls and procedures for money laundering prevention are in place and functioning as intended. This includes conducting investigation on financial crime risks.
- Identify gaps and conduct staff training on OR, ICS and CFCC for staff.
- Act as Country Business Resilience Manager by ensuring Business Resilience Management activities comply with Group and Regulatory policies and procedures.
- Work with Business Heads and Departmental Continuity Coordinators to ensure units business resilience processes are effectively executed
Our Ideal Candidate
- 10 years relevant risk management including experience within business operations and technology.
- A clear understanding of the Bank’s approach to the management of OR, ICS and CFCC or equivalent experience gained in other organizations.
- The sound judgement and courage necessary to perform a control role and maintain effective working relationships.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.