Process Control Technician at AB InBev
Dreaming big is in our DNA. It’s who we are as a company. It’s our culture. It’s our heritage. And more than ever, it’s our future. A future where we’re always looking forward. Always serving up new ways to meet life’s moments. A future where we keep dreaming bigger. We look for people with passion, talent, and curiosity, and provide them with the teammates, resources and opportunities to unleash their full potential. The power we create together – when we combine your strengths with ours – is unstoppable. Are you ready to join a team that dreams as big as you do?
The Key Purpose of this role is to perform optimization/modification of process control systems.
Key Outputs and Responsibilities:
- Interacts daily with the production teams to resolve automation related problems
- Assists in the implementation of plant and process improvement projects
- Standby duties – be available for call out when required
- Carries out specialized maintenance work on control & automation equipment – calibration and set up work, complex component replacement, etc
- Ensures availability of specified critical spares and recommendations on maintenance regimes
- Verification/validation of control & automation equipment operation
- Uses CMMS and reports as appropriate to analyze information in order to identify deviations from process capability relating to control & automation equipment
- COSWIN maintenance schedules management compliance
- Ensures availability of updated back-up software versions of all packaging equipment
- Develops and maintains automation equipment performance report (ERI)
- Develops and maintains C & A SOPs / SWI’s in Acadia
Key Outputs and Responsibilities (Continued):
- Support in management of breakdown of C & A equipment
- Instrument set-up – NPD support
- Supplier liaison (SPP)
- Supports development of training material and coaches operations teams to ensure optimal operation of production equipment
- Provides specialist subject matter expertise and diagnostic skills in problem solving
- Provides expert information to assist in compilation of maintenance budgets (including spares stock holding)
- Continuously improves technical competence in order to ensure that latest thinking on operating and maintaining of production equipment is applied
- Ensures a safe, healthy and risk-free working environment/work team
- Implements and execute VPO requirements/standards
Key Attributes and Competencies:
- Concern for detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Good Problem-Solving Skills.
- Good Technical knowledge.
- Technician Diploma in Control & Automation/Instrumentation, Electrical & Electronics or equivalent technical Diploma, NCC Control & Instrumentation
- Minimum of 3 years Control & Automation/Instrumentation technician
- experience or 5 years NCC Control & Instrumentation
- Competency on Instrumentation, VSDs, PLCs, RSBatch, InTouch, Fieldbus Networks (Asi, Profibus, Ethernet) and InSQL
- Knowledge of OHS act, NOSA.
- BAND: IX
ABInBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in line with ABInBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for short-listing