CRDB Bank Plc is a commercial bank in Tanzania. It is licensed by the Bank of Tanzania, the central bank and national banking regulator. As of 31 December. 2018, the bank was reporting Total Assets of TZS 8 Billion and Total Deposits of TZS 6 Billion.
JOB TITTLE:Senior Specialist; Insurance
Responsible to grow and manage Bancassurance portfolio and to identified business opportunities for all lines of business; to provide leadership and direction to the business development team including business retention thus achieving the delivery of the Business Budget as well as ensuring sustainable, profitable business operations and establishing CRDB insurance agent as the most remarkable agent readily recognized within Tanzania.
- Responsible for overseeing the daily insurance sales in the organization.
- Ensures compliance with organizational policies, procedures and quality standards including TIRA.
- Work in close coordination with different stakeholders to develop business strategy and articulate action plans to drive the focus of business towards archiving the company objectives.
- Undertakes internal and external training initiatives to expand the technical skills of underwriters across the Banks.
- Responsible for ensuring all renewals are done on time and ensure maximum client retention while generating more leads and support in the closing of the same.
- Develop and review all business proposals for new products and clients for quality assurance.
- To drive and support Zonal and Branch managements in terms of renewals and business acquisitions.
- Validate all proposals/inquiries/quotations received directly or through the Branches for compliance.
- Provides underwriting technical guidance on matters related to defining the scope of cover, development of policy terms, premium finance, the tenor of coverage etc. to Zone and branches in ensuring the achievement of the targets.
- Analyse sales data on sales results and develop plans to address performance gaps.
- Responsible for proposing and implementing cost-effective solutions for the efficient and effective operations of the Bank.
- Find new customers and persuade existing ones to buy extra services/products (Cross and upselling).
- Submission accurate, quality and timely business reports and use these to compile departmental reports for review by senior management and the Bank management in terms of daily, weekly and monthly.
- Monitor competitor activity and advise the senior management team on opportunities/threats that are presented by such activities.
- Gathering information from clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile.
- Building and maintaining ongoing relationships with clients including scheduling and attending meetings and understanding the nature of clients’ businesses or lives.
- Researching insurance companies policies and negotiating with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for clients at the best price.
- Arranging specialized types of insurance cover in complex cases; this may involve preparing reports for insurance underwriters and surveyors and negotiating with insurers.
- To participate in driving the different Insurance marketing initiatives/campaigns. This will include ad hoc activities/promotions for the branches and media.
- To steer the development of new products with the other departments.
- Oversee the process of bidding the tenders and after-sale services to corporate clients.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Insurance or any other related field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years within the insurance industry with 4 years of sales experience.
- Self-starter, excellent planning & organization skills.
JOB TITTLE;Manager; Claims
Responsible for the administration of all insurance claims and associated queries. This involves considerable contact with insurers, loss adjusters, solicitors, claimants or their representatives, relevant business units including CRDB Bank Departments and Branches. It involves dealing with claimants’ claims issues and be able to generate correspondence on contentious issues and provide reports and advice to management where necessary.
- Provision of an efficient and effective insurance claims service includes ensuring that all claims related matters are dealt with within the timescales imposed by the agency.
- Provision of specialist advice and support for all business units and CRDB Bank on claims related matters, including the organization’s risk management process.
- Ensuring that all business units are aware of the insurance claims processes within their activities.
- Development, implementation, and monitoring of claim unit strategy to achieve the company objectives.
- Develop and implement various policies and procedures for claims.
- Development of specific SLA with the insurer for claims serving.
- Monitoring of SLA with the Insurance companies for adherence and providing the deviation reports to the management and also provide recommended action for deviation.
- Provide services to all business requirements and ensure optimal handling of all claims and follow-up all issues and provide training for all business units.
- Evaluate all business units and CRDB Bank claims and administer all documentation integrity and manage communication to Insurers and monitor all claims to ensure timely closure.
- Analyze all claims to ensure optimal quality and prepare reports for the Management, business units, and CRDB Bank.
- Examine all claims and identify all risks and ensure the processing of all claims as per Agency policy.
- Administering claim management to ensure the customer is treated fairly and receives excellent service in accordance with industry and company guidelines.
- Follow up and updating the CRDB Group Legal Department on the status of the Court claims cases against the Agency.
- Maintaining the computerized claims/loss recording system and developing information with particular regard to allowing proper risk analysis to be undertaken
- Provision of professional advice to business units, and CRDB Bank members on all aspects of insurance claim practice and law, including preparation of reports and advice notes as required
- Ensuring the customer is treated fairly and that the customer receives excellent service in accordance with industry and Agency guidelines.
- Training Insurance Zonal/Focal/Sales on Insurance processes and requirements for improving claims TAT and claims service.
- Periodic update of claims trends in the market.
- Adoption of innovative changes in the claims process and the best practices from the local and global markets.
- Development and implementation of a digitized claims platform for client self-servicing.
- Advising the Bancassurance Agency on proper underwriting and underwriting gaps.
- Adhering to legal requirements, industry regulations and customer quality standards set by the company.
- Conducting monthly claims meetings with the Insurer for claims service review and SLA adherence.
- Managing clients visits and reports as they deem fit for improving the Department service.
- Oversee and coordinate with the team to ensure job targets are met and the clients are adequately serviced.
- Set performance standards, manage and motivate the team to achieve high productivity.
- Any additional responsibility is given by the supervisor and the management from time to time.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Insurance or any other related field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in insurance claims.
- In-depth understanding of legal regulations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Customer service background.
- Ability to organize, document, and control both digital and physical data.
- Possess thorough knowledge of the claims process and service-related process.
- Possess knowledge of competitor activity through participation in and cultivation of intra-industry contacts.
- Sound analytical, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- High computer literacy especially in the use of Microsoft packages.