JOB VACANCY – DRIVERS
Direct Reports : BASE AND FACILITIES OFFICER
Location : DODOMA
Contract : 50%
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
· Minimum secondary Scholl Education
· Valid Driving licence
· Certificates of passing driving college
· Essential 2 years minimum of previou s driving experience
· Desirable experience with specific vehicles to use (4×4, boats, motorbikes, etc.)
· Desirable in MSF or other NGOs.
· English and Swahili (fluent, oral & written) required.
· Performing the tasks of transporting authorized goods and passengers in an MSF vehicle, ensuring its technical and safety conditions and respecting the country’s traffic rules and MSF security rules, in order to provide a safe, smooth and efficient service
· Checking daily, the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, radio equipment, spare parts, etc.), performing weekly check according to the MSF Logbook, refilling it when necessary, and keeping it clean to ensure it can be driven in perfect conditions. Carrying out a hand over if another uses the vehicle
· Ensuring the security of passengers in the vehicle, driving carefully, observing speed limits and traffic rules in the country as well as MSF security rules, in order to avoid car accidents.
· Ensuring all passengers have all necessary papers in order before travelling, and ensuring non MSF staff sign disclaimers of responsibility before using the vehicle
· Ensuring correct loading and unloading of the vehicle, submitting the documents to the receiver of the goods, checking the status of delivered goods, returning the duly completed documents to Logistics and ensuring that the goods have the necessary documents
· Ensuring that all vehicle documents and the driver’s driving license are valid and in the vehicle.
· Informing the line manager of any incident involving the transportation of passengers and/or goods.
· Knowing how to use all types of radios, codes, call numbers and radio alphabets by heart and communicating with base according to MSF communications policy to inform the driver’s position and any potential implications.
· Knowing and respecting the security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints and roadblocks. Ensuring all passengers know and respect the security rules.
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Thursday 18th January 2024 at 4:00 PM . Please quote the job title on the email subject “DRIVER”.
Please send your application to the email address MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org. The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Mikocheni B, Daima street House no 16 Dar es Salaam, or in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District or MSF Office Liwale Lindi.
· People living with disabilities or minorities to indicate in their CV or Motivation letter.
· Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED