Job Title: ICT Officer (1 Position)
Reporting To: Head: Surveillance, Monitoring and Evaluation-NMCP
Duties and Responsibilities:
i. Assist in the process of maintaining existing composite malaria database for
monitoring malaria trends and intervention coverage.
ii. Ensure accurate and consistent inputting of data received from partners into
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
iii. Perform data analysis and produce reports in various formats including graphs,
charts etc. as required.
iv. Maintain and further develop the structure or format of the database as required,
incorporating ideas and amendments accordingly.
v. Provide additional updates and data analysis as required.
vi. Provide technical support to NMCP on the specific data required from them in
relation to the different indicators they are monitoring (telephone support or travel
to other offices) as required.
vii. Train NMCP and other partners on the use of the data base review, update and
maintain documentation database design.
viii. Document and operationalize manuals on how to use the Database
ix. Maintain a web interface for the Database.
x. Maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of the work.
Experience and Qualifications:
i. Advanced university degree in Computer Sciences or related technical field
ii. Minimum of 4 years work experience in database design or database
administration, data management and data analysis,
iii. Significant experience analyzing data and producing reports
iv. Ability to use Microsoft Access databases i.e. enter data, update records and
fields, modify database structure, generate customized reports
v. Experience of using DHIS2
vi. Experience with SQL and VBA
vii. Ability to design the structure of the database and write appropriate interfaces (eg
Microsoft Excel) for data entry and ensure data quality and security
viii. Experience in training project personnel in the use of database management
ix. Experience in writing and maintaining database design documentation and
x. Maturity and professional ability to handle sensitive information and ability to
respect the confidentiality of such information while working with NMCP and even
after the contract ends.
xi. Languages: Fluency in English and Swahili
xii. Age limit: 50 years.
Terms of Employment: 3year Contract (Renewable based on Performance and
availability of funds)
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania and Applicants must attach an up-todate Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Full Registration & Valid License
- Internship Certificate
- Birth certificate.
- National ID.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
- Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
- If your names in your academic certificates are different from Birth Certificate and National ID you are required to have (Deed Pool from The Registrar of Oath at the Ministry of Lands, Housing and Human Settlements Development.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate.
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
How to Apply:
NB: All application should be submitted to Ministry of Health Recruitment Portal ajira.moh.go.tz. Closing date will be two (2) weeks from this advertisement. Only successful candidates will be contacted and all interview costs will be borne by the applicants.
All applicants are reminded to comply with the application guidelines when filling the required information.
Ministry of Health
P.O BOX 743