Job Title: Accountant (1 Position)
Reporting To: Program Accountant
Duties and Responsibilities:
i. To ensure all financial procedures used for the management of NMCP funds adhere
to the procedures outlined.
ii. To develop and maintain a clearly defined accounting and finance organizational
structure with documented roles and responsibilities and sufficient segregation of
duties, including for implementing the Global Fund grant
iii. To maintain adequate policies and procedures in place to guide activities and ensure
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
v. To coordinate preparation of Quarterly & Annual Financial reports to be submitted to
Global fund as per Performance agreement.
vi. To maintain budget system which ensures no duplication of costs and appropriate
cost sharing arrangements
vii. To ensure availability of sufficient information to accurately link the budget with the
Chart of Accounts to allow reliable budgetary control and variance analysis by period
and cumulatively and to find explanations for variances and corrective action taken
viii. To ensure that all accounting and supporting documents are retained according to
GoT standards and safe procedures for carrying out regular back-ups are
ix. To ensure that the accounting system supports the production of financial reports,
including statements of Cash Flow, Income & Expenditure and Balance Sheet in a
timely and relevant way
x. To maintain a treasury system which supports the production of cash forecast
information for disbursement requests
xi. To maintain appropriate controls over management of petty cash including limits over
the maximum levels of petty cash held
xii. To ensure appropriate controls built in to the banking arrangements, including for
example proper authorization of disbursements, double signatures on cheques and
transfers, use of account payee cheque and conduct of regular bank reconciliations
xiii. In respect of payment for material items, ensure that there are appropriate checks
prior to approving payment (e.g. checking agreement to approved orders, agreed
pricing, approval by persons of appropriate seniority)
xiv.To maintain satisfactory procedures to ensure that grant funds can be distinguished
from other funds and accounted for separately.
xv. To maintain NMCP approval systems with certifying and approval officers and
appropriate segregation of duties and delegation levels, for authorization of
procurement of non-health related assets and services
xvi.To ensure that NMCP annual financial statements are audited to appropriate auditing
standards and audit arrangements enable independent and reliable
xvii. To ensure that external audit arrangements applicable to Global Fund grant
auditing requirements for Sub-Recipients are fulfilled
Experience and Qualifications:
i. CPA holder with Bachelor degree in Finance, Accountancy, or its Equivalent
ii. At least 5 years’ experience in financial management
iii. At least 5 years’ experience working with government institutions
iv. At least 5 years’ experience managing Global fund Grant
v. Experience and knowledge in Project Management Skills.
vi. Expertise in Risk Management.
vii. Knowledge of legal requirement and control is an added advantage.
viii. Critical problem-solving ability.
ix. Excellent Communication Skills
x. Must be Conversant with EPICOR systems of accounting.
xi. Age limit: 50 years.
Terms of Employment: 3 years Contract (Renewable based on Performance and
availability of funds)
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania and Applicants must attach an up-todate Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Full Registration & Valid License
- Internship Certificate
- Birth certificate.
- National ID.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
- Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
- If your names in your academic certificates are different from Birth Certificate and National ID you are required to have (Deed Pool from The Registrar of Oath at the Ministry of Lands, Housing and Human Settlements Development.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate.
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
How to Apply:
NB: All application should be submitted to Ministry of Health Recruitment Portal ajira.moh.go.tz. Closing date will be two (2) weeks from this advertisement. Only successful candidates will be contacted and all interview costs will be borne by the applicants.
All applicants are reminded to comply with the application guidelines when filling the required information.
Ministry of Health
P.O BOX 743