Steam Turbine Technician at Mtibwa Sugar Estates Limited
Mtibwa Sugar Estates Limited is urgently seeking to hire a well experienced and competent
JOB TITLE: Steam Turbine Technician.
Reports to: Power Plant Superintendent
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
- Maintaining and repairing powerhouse equipment such as steam turbines, gearboxes, isolation valves, HP steam pipes, oil systems, cooling system, etc.
- Troubleshooting mechanical issues
- Collection and assessment of data to determine the performance of a machine
- Daily checklist of the equipment and prepare the maintenance schedule
- Communicate all the failures or signs of the failures to the section superintendent or Engineer
- Documenting all machine safety and maintenance
- To ensure that his/her working area is well arranged and clean
- To register and keep records to all working tools
- To list all required maintenance spares and present to section Engineer
- Training and coaching of his/her subordinate
- To ensure that safety of the subordinate and equipment are well followed and adhered at all working time including Job Hazard Analysis, Work permit, Near miss reporting, etc.
Required Skills and Competences
- Mechanical problem solving skills through troubleshooting
- Knowledge of mechanical systems and problems
- Communication skills
- Analytical abilities
- Ability to read and apply Engineering technical drawings
- Leadership skills
- Mental and physical fit
- Positive attitude, Flexible to changes and eager to learn new things.
- Team work
- Strong assessment skills
Education & Experiences
- FTC/Diploma or equivalent in a related technical or engineering discipline
- At least 5 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified in the job description
- Basic/foundation knowledge and understanding of engineering and mechanics.
- Experience on steam turbine field will be the added advantage.
All who have qualifications should send their applications via this address:
Human Resource Manager, Mtibwa Sugar Estates Limited, P.O. BOX 42, Mtibwa
Deadline: 30th Nov 2023