Industrial Relations Specialist at JVACEE, Julius Nyerere Hydro Power Project (JNHPP)
JVACEE, Julius Nyerere Hydro Power Project (JNHPP)
In joint venture with The Arab Contractors of Egypt (Osman A. Osman & Co.), ELSEWEDY ELECTRIC is entrusted by the people and government of Tanzania to execute, The Julius Nyerere Hydropower Project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the subcontractors on compliance in Industrial Relations and benchmarking of HR and Industrial Relations practices
- Work collaboratively with the health and safety team in relation to Industrial Relations matters
- Monitor external trends and labour legislative to ensure a contemporary approach to employee relations and ongoing compliance.
- Proactively engage with and influence key internal and external stakeholders and partners including trade unions
- Partner with subcontractors to communicate the requirements associated with all applicable HR- related legal/regulatory compliance.
- Collect information and data to assess the cost implications of negotiations and disputes.
- Ensure legal compliance in documents preparation of contract negotiations, agreements, disciplinary meetings, and negotiations with employee and labour unions.
- Identify and advice on any industrial relations risks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Law or equivalent qualification.
- Knowledge of Tanzania Labor Laws and possess a minimum of 3 year’s working experience in relevant position.
TECHNICAL SKILLS NEEDED
- Excellent written & spoken English.
- Report writing skills.
- Very good personnel skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Thorough understanding of the Local Labor Laws and best practices, as well as applicable policies.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Negotiation and influencing.
- Experience in employee relations, training, engagement and facilitating meetings is preferred.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should send their up to date CV’s, Cover letter and copy of NIDA, Driving License or
Voter’s Card to firstname.lastname@example.org and in subject Line Clearly indicate the position you’re applying for. Failure to do so your application will not be considered. Deadline is 21st of September 2023.
v This position is open for Tanzanian Locals only.