JOB TITLE: Network Security Specialist (Assistant Manager)
REPORTING TO: Manager – Information Security & Controls Assurance
REGION: Dar Es Salaam
HOURS OF WORK:
8am – 5pm Monday to Friday. Additional hours as required by workload.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
1. PURPOSE OF JOB:
To plan, organize, and deliver cost-effective and efficient network security controls to protect and defend systems and information assets (business and customer data) against any internal and external threats.
2. PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
2.1 PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identify and communicate recommended network security control deficiencies for the bank
•Implement network security governance by defining, developing, implementing, and maintaining required policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines Provide operational ownership for network security infrastructure & operations (firewalls, proxies, content filtering, load balancers, VPN gateways, IDS, 1PS), enforcing standards, policy compliance, and running day-to-day operations
•Develop, maintain, and improve existing/new security technologies, processes, and governance to effect a proactive security monitoring/detection capability
• Enforces security governance by monitoring and administering security technologies (IPS/IDS, Firewalls, DDoS Protection, Anti-Virus, Server Patching, Web-Filtering, NAC, Data Loss Prevention, Proxy and E-mail filtering, identity management system, and tokenization)
• Gather and understand network security requirements, controls, policies, and threats by consulting with other internal security experts, 3rd party sources, and suppliers on current and future threats, mitigations, and services
• Lead the identification of opportunities and development of recommendations to eliminate risk, improve service capability, and reduce cost
• Create network security technology infrastructure architectures in support of business and technology initiatives
• Supply thought leadership regarding network security hardware and software technologies and infrastructure architecture
• Verify appropriate security solutions are developed and implemented for network infrastructure components
• Assist in the development and enforcement of hardware and software standards appropriate for network security environments
• Communicate and share network subject matter and architecture
blueprints to internal and external business and technology partners to
encourage their understanding, involvement, and development
• Conduct periodic network security assessments and reviews of implemented systems to ensure their continued compliance with security standards
• Maintain an inventory of network security systems, hardware, and software used by the bank
• Support continuous security monitoring efforts of all systems within the bank to detect and resolve security incidents and violations
• Enforce ISO 27001 standards and procedures and ensure that a secure-by-design culture is maintained
• Introduce the relevant processes and procedures to manage Security within the Bank to help further reduce the risk of Data Breach
• Conduct/coordinate regular awareness sessions on IT security and compliance
• Performs other IT admin activities as and when required by the respective Line Manager
3. SKILLS :
• A graduate in IT, IS, Computer Science/Engineering, or a related field is desirable
• Minimum four years of working experience in network security operations
• Minimum four years working directly with enterprise networks from both technical and security perspectives, primarily in a Fortinet, Sophos, Juniper,
and Cisco-based network
• The successful candidate must have a technical background and experience in network security
• Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
• A strong understanding of different applications and infrastructure technologies is required
• Demonstrable relationship/stakeholder management and negotiation skills
4. QUALITIES :
• Strong knowledge of fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts including routing, switching, load balancing, VLANS and Firewalls
• Expertise in Cisco CCNP-Security
•Expertise in Fortinet Security Fabric
•Preferred Security professional certification Fortinet NSE4, CCNP-Security, IS027001, CISSP, CISM, CEH; •Other IT professional certifications such as ITIL, CISA, and PMP will be an added advantage
• Good understanding of IT controls and service standards such as IS0 27000, PCI DSS, etc
•Basic understanding of banking environment and banking systems
•The ability to work quickly, under pressure and to meet deadlines
•A good understanding of the banking policies and regulatory requirements
How to Apply:
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 5th June 2023 .
Applications are to be sent with the subject being: Network Security Specialist (Assistant Manager).
JOB TITLE: Payment Specialist – Assistant Manager
REPORTING TO: Manager — Core Applications Support & Business Analysis
HOURS OF WORK: 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday. Additional hours as required by workload.
1. PURPOSE OF JOB:
Incumbent in this position shall perform all duties related to the review, assessment, and development of payment platform. Functioning in a liaison capacity, incumbent should analyze and translate business requirements into system and /or business process changes. Incumbent should act a change agent to facilitate effective deployments/modifications to current payment platform practices.
2. PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
2.1 PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Second level Support for all the issues related to Payment systems
(SWIFT, TIPS, TACH, GePG, Mobile Payment and Internet Banking).
• Create designs for technical solutions to resolve business problems and tryout components of new systems for efficiency.
• Reach out to business and project managers in the course of work in order identify and evaluate user and business requirements.
• Create and facilitate cost efficient solutions & analyze systems specification to meet business requirements.
• Supervise all integration processes with new clients and other third-party vendors.
• Ensure accurate documentation that may include all systems aspects such as business requirements, client requirements and technical specifications.
• Supervise project development processes with business and vendors for successful execution of projects.
• Carryout research on how technology systems are used and suggest ways for system improvement and efficiency.
• Coordinate change management process and project management process between PMO, Technology and business units in adherence to the laid-out policies and procedures.
• Develop strong relationships with external vendors, business teams, and other upstream and downstream support teams.
• Develop strong technical expertise in banking technology and associated applications to understand the end-to-end transaction flows of applications across Exim bank.
• Perform and seek to continuously improve the monitoring of the application environment and supporting infrastructure.
• Participate in integration projects with internal and external third-party platforms (e.g. B2B, B2G, B2C etc.)
• Adopt standardization processes, such as the Change Management Process and New Request Process, to ensure effective and efficient workflow.
• Plan and conduct simulation of EOM and EOY runs in Collaboration with CBS team to eliminate any unforeseen incidents for successful completion of EOD/EOM/EOY batch runs.
• Provide and submit updates to Manager Core Applications Support and Business Analysis of weekly basis.
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in IT or Computer Science or related field.
• Minimum three years working experience insupporting banking applications and participating technology projects.
• Good understanding of API-driven integrations and associated languages
• Good understanding of Payment Systems i.e., SWIFT, TIPS, TACH, Treasury applications, workflow applications and BOT Applications etc.
• Proven technology back-end skills i.e., MySQL, SQL and PLSQL
• Business processes mapping and modelling
• Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to communicate technical and functional information using both verbal and written means, to a wide range of end-users.
• Fluency in spoken and written English
• Good integrity, supportive, highly committed individual
• Self-drive and positive attitude
• Team player and flexible individual
How to Apply :
Please send your application to email@example.com Application deadline:- 5th June 2023.
Applications are to be sent with the subject being: Payment Specialist – Assistant Manager