Country CEO – Tanzania
Phoenix of Tanzania, part of regional insurer MUA, has inherited its rich history from one of the oldest insurance companies in East Africa. Operating in Tanzania since 1997, Phoenix is rated AA+ by Global Credit Rating (GCR) and has the highest net worth in the market.
Position: Country CEO – Tanzania.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Reporting to: Group CEO and Chairman of the Board Phoenix of Tanzania. Location: Tanzania.
- Overall Purpose
- Provide overall direction to the business with full responsibilities over the performance of the company.
- Create Value to all stakeholders (Employees, Customers, Shareholders, community).
- Set Strategy and Direction for the Company. Report on progress to the Group CEO and to the board of PTAL.
- Ultimate responsible to manage the company’s activities, and ensuring alignment of culture, values, behavior across the company, on all its sites.
- Build, lead and develop the local Executive Committee.
- Design the right approach to the achievement of the company’s objectives and to the allocation of budgets.
- Main Responsibilities
- Lead in the formulation and implementation of the strategic plan and corporate policies. This includes, but not limited to, planning for impact changes in the insurance industry, future expansion, alliances, and affiliations.
- Maintain public confidence in the services offered by the company by developing and promoting effective industry management practices and income protection mechanism.
- Able to lead the modernization and transformation of the Company towards attaining good international standards.
- Provide the Board of Directors with all the relevant information, trends in the market and recommendations to enable them to make informed policy decisions.
- Ensure adequate communication with shareholders as and when required.
- Adjust the company structure to align to the company’s and group strategy.
- Lead the strategic projects with the support of the Executive Committee.
- With the HR and Management team, ensure alignment and adherence of the group culture, values, enhance communication and behavior for com pliant, safe and pleasant work environment for all employees.
- Be a key partner on best practices within the East African Subsidiaries of the group and engage in regular exchange programmes with the other CEOs within the group, including financial reporting events.
- Establish an impactful and highly performing retail structure within the business.
- Lead the feasibility study for Life Business Operations in Tanzania. Design and/or adapt the business model to integrate the Life Business and drive its implementation.
- Lead the digital transformation of the company on its operational and commercial projects for efficiency and customer experience.
- Monitor Customer satisfaction and identify improvement areas for action.
- Ensure that sound financial planning and commercial management practices are applied through the budget.
- Approve major expenditures, determine planning for Capital improvement, Oversee and approve major operational decisions.
- Establish the appropriate model to achieve the company’s financial targets every year. Monitor the top line activities and technical results on a regular basis with the respective head against set targets.
- Ensure the Company’s risk exposure to the insurance losses is properly assessed and managed to minimize claims against reserve fund and maintain competitive insurance premium rates.
- Lead and engage employees on the group’s sustainability and CSR strategy.
- Approve all operating policies and procedures of the company and make recommendations to the board on compliance and corporate governance matters.
- Any other duties that fall under the docket of Chief Executive Officer of Phoenix of Tanzania Assurance Ltd.
- Main Requirements
- Holder of a master’s degree or Post Graduate Diploma in General Management (Eg. MBA) OR an undergraduate diploma in Finance or Financial Engineering from a recognized institution.
- A qualification in General Insurance (e.g ACM) and/or Actuarial Sciences would be a plus.
- More than 10 years in an Executive Management role within the financial sector, represented at Executive Committee Level.
- Proven experience in business strategy definition and execution journey, with a high exposure to General Insurance, Life and Pensions activities.
- Well versed on corporate investment strategies, economic and market trends within the financial sector.
- Passion for the insurance, life and pensions business, with strong international industry reference.
- Excellent leader, with proven ability to engage teams.
- Infallible work ethic.
- Successful people developer.
Interested candidates are invited to send their motivation letters and CV by the 15 June 2023 to Rohann Sumboo at email@example.com.
This recruitment is in collaboration with Page Executive, a division of PageGroup.
- Phoenix of Tanzania reserves the right to call only the best qualified candidate for the selection exercise.
- Application received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Phoenix of Tanzania also reserves the right not to proceed with the vacancy.
Phoenix of Tanzania Assurance Company Limited.