Title: Senior Data Analyst
Location: Remote within GMT +/- 3. Preference for Mali, Senegal, Tanzania or Ivory Coast.
Reporting to: Data Analytics Manager
Language: English is mandatory
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 – providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audacious Project from TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO here.
About the Role:
As the principal analyst in the data analytics team, you will support myAgro’s towards doubling the number of farmers served each year in the next two years. You will identify and answer strategic business questions with rigorous evidence. You will maintain relations with top business decision makers, and present your findings to guide action. You will work within a fast-growing team of data professionals, contributing to the team technical growth and its future strategy. You will also improve the self-serve capacities of our BI systems, and educate data-users across the organization to find answers through important metrics.
- Deliver rigorous data insights which will directly affect our strategy
- Present results to top business stakeholders and maintain feedback loops with them
- Help promoting data literacy across the organization
- Be a technical lead for the business analytics team
- Shape the data analytics roadmap
- Excellent capacity to communicate to business decision-makers and tell compelling stories
- Stunning proactivity. Ability to manage conflicting priorities, scout new project opportunities or find signals in messy datasets
- Python and SQL proficiency
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau, Metabase, PowerBI or similar
- Technical leadership, a record of mentoring junior team members and promoting data literacy among a diverse audience
- Experience delivering statistical analysis (time series forecasting, A/B testing, inferential statistics or similar)
- A passion for the mission, vision and values of myAgro
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Co-working Space stipend
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.