Legal Officer Job Vacancy at United Bank for Africa (UBA)
POSITION: Legal Officer
Location: Head Office
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
• Education: Bachelor of Law- LL.B (Hons)
• A minimum of 3 years legal experience with at least 2 years as a legal officer in banking.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Knowledge of Financial law and credit transactions
• Good oral & written communication skills
• Good knowledge and understanding of banking operations
• Versatile with current local international banking regulations
• Oral and written communication
• Good drafting and writing skills
• Commercial and Corporate Banking
• Good Team Player
• Error rate/ non compliance to Financial laws
• Turnaround time for rendering legal advice or opinion when solicited
• Timeliness in the preparation of sundry agreements (facility agreements, Loan agreements etc.) including contract drafting and review
• Effectiveness at execution of assigned tasks
• Efficiency at executing scheduled and adhoc assignments
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide legal support and advice on all transaction negotiations
• Advice on all legal issues that emanate from existing agreements and new legal documentations.
• Rendering legal opinion on financial and legal issues that might arise about banks products
• Preparation and generation of periodic legal reports for Legal Division
• Attend meetings to offer legal guidance and advice as requested
for by business areas
• Rendering of legal advice on different issues as it affects the bank, its customers and available products
• Conduct review and advice on the Bank’s policies from time to time to ensure compliance with legal and the Financial Regulatory requirements
• Supervise the safe custody of all collateral documents for facilities granted by the Bank
• Develop, recommend, evaluate and initiate corporate policy and strategy for tenders and contracts products and services.
• Endeavour to all assignments as assigned by the Head of Legal and Company Secretary
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates MUST send their CV & Cover Letter attached with all academic certificates.
All applications MUST be sent electronically through: Email: email@example.com
Email subject:LEGAL OFFICER : MAY, 2023
DEADLINE: 7th MAY.