Secondary Education for Girls Advancement (SEGA), is a non-profit organization with offices at Mkundi area, Morogoro Municipal, mandated to operate in Tanzania mainland with registration No 00NG/R2/0000232. SEGA’s mission is to educate and equip bright Tanzanian girls with academic, leadership, and business skills to unleash their individual talents and reach their full potential, with a particular focus on vulnerable girls. SEGA programs include; 1) The SEGA Girls’ Secondary School, 2) Post Form Four Scholarship Program, and 3) Msichana wa Kisasa Community Outreach Program.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
SEGA NGO VACANCY:
Child Protection Officer (CPO) – (1 POST VACANT) – RE-ADVERTISEMENT
The Child Protection Officer (CPO) will form part of SEGA Team and will report to both the Headmistress and the SEGA Executive Director. The CPO will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of SEGA’s Child Protection Policy, supporting the protection and rights of all SEGA beneficiaries (children). The CPO ensures that the policy is well-understood and implemented by SEGA staff, partners and stakeholders at all levels and through all SEGA activities. Responsibilities include conducting trainings to SEGA staff and children, orienting staff to and maintaining processes of reporting, conducting regular field visits to programs, and collaborating with local government authorities as appropriate.
- Bachelor Degree or Masters in child protection, law, social work, community development or relevant field
- Significant professional experience of at least 3 years, including experience working in school projects for Local NGO’s or International NGOs
- Excellent understanding of the child protection sector, intersection of child protection with other thematic areas
- Strong commitment to capacity building of children and staffs.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Fluency in English, verbal and written
- Commitment to SEGA values, including child rights and gender equity, and willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy.
NB: For in this position, SEGA is looking for a person who is willing and ready to start immediately in July 2023. Only FEMALES should apply.
MODE OF APPLICATION;
Please send only a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 18th of May 2023.