Front Office Assistant at MS TCDC
JOB TITLE: Front Office Assistant
MS TCDC is a renowned Pan-African training center, located in Arusha, Tanzania, with a unique dedication to high-quality capacity development for social transformation. For over 50 years, we have delivered exceptional training in areas such as democratic governance, human rights, transformational leadership, gender equality, youth participation, climate change governance and Swahili and cultural orientation. To date, the centre trains and hosts over 5,000 individuals annually from all over the world.
The Centre is currently expanding its programs to meet the increasing demand for transformative and value-driven leadership in Africa and beyond. To support this expansion and ensure exceptional customer service for our diverse participants, we are looking for a dynamic and motivated Front Office Assistant to join our team.
The Front Office Assistant reports directly to the Head of Front Office & Client Services.
The selected candidate shall be responsible for provision of optimal customer care in the Front Office and prompt logistics services. In addition, the Front Office Assistant shall be responsible for administering workshops and conferences, including timely and correctly data capturing in CRM. The Front Office Assistant, a member of Front Office team is expected to ensure linkage with other departments i.e. Facilities, Catering and Finance as well as other relevant units, and provide timely information and assistance to current and potential customers.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Consistently follow up on the planned conferences and workshops, inform the management of the status and take early actions to ensure decisions are made and budget targets are met.
- Entry of data related to conferences and workshops in CRM system i.e. entry of customer details and invoicing information, and follow up payments.
- Allocation of accommodation and meeting rooms, and inform relevant operation departments for preparation and necessary action.
- To attend to arrival and departure of groups and individuals, issue and receive relevant information; room keys; copies of identification cards/ travel documents to/from customers.
- To register those requiring transport to and from Arusha and help customers in regards to their departures.
- Arrange flight bookings and other travel reservation as well as ground transportation logistics.
- To liaise with accounts office for handover of out-print/invoices during normal working hours.
- To receive customer’s payments after the accounts has closed.
- Contact potential clients, attend to inquiries, and book information in the CRM system.
- Monitor payments, follow up with accounts and support as necessary.
- To send/receive/sort/distribute central incoming mail, e-mail to different departments.
- Responding to telephone calls.
- To prepare information for staff during staff teas/Matangazo for action and ensure that the information is always up-dated.
- Provide the front office services during working hours, evenings and weekends.
- To administrate safe deposits according to the organizational guidelines.
- Other task related to front office and reception that will be assigned to you.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/ Tourism and Hospitality Management/ Secretarial studies and Management
2 years of experience working in customer service.
1 year of front desk experience in the hospitality industry
Experience working with word processing, spreadsheets, and emails, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook Express.
Knowledge, Ability and Skills
- Exceptional ability to create a welcoming environment.
- Ability to observe business etiquette and maintain a professional appearance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to work in shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to solve client issues in a friendly and timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of clients and colleagues
- Familiarity with CRM systems and data capturing
Terms & Conditions
- The position of Front Office Assistant will be based at the MS TCDC training Centre in Usa River, Arusha under the following terms and conditions:
- The position is offered under MS TCDC’s employment terms with a contract of one (1) year with the possibility of extension depending on the future programmatic focus and needs of MS TCDC.
- A basic salary under MS TCDC’s scheme of service – according to experience and education when relevant.
- A vibrant work environment with highly committed and professional people.
To apply, submit a motivation letter about why you are the most suitable candidate for the position, a resume and three (3) referees to email@example.com by 17th March, 2023 midnight East African Time (EAT) with title Front Office Assistant.
*We value all applications but we can only respond to short listed candidates. While all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, women are strongly encouraged to apply.
MS TCDC strives to be an employer of choice by respecting the rights of employees, by promoting intercultural diversity and give specific preference to women!
Digital Learning Experience Designer at MS-TCDC
JOB TITLE: Digital Learning Experience Designer
The digital learning experience designer is responsible for the implementation and oversight of TCDC’s online education, learning, and knowledge outcomes. This role is part of the Learning and Training Unit, and the successful candidate will be expected to work with relevant staff within the organisation to design, develop, maintain, and implement learning interventions for +1000 professionals and young people yearly around the globe. The successful candidate is expected to have a viable digital learning and knowledge management strategy and plan that will support the vision of the centre to capture, share, and extend learning and knowledge online.
The Digital Learning Experience Designer will be responsible for sustaining the institution’s reputation for quality, reliability and customer satisfaction. We are not only considering how we can produce relevant learning designs, but we are also keen on understanding the impact of our efforts. The team consists of learning specialists, and you will complement us because you know how to convert our designs and learning concepts into attractive digital content that speaks to professionals and young leaders.
We intend to develop self-paced courses, online trainings, and face-to-face trainings, as well as a combination of the two, which we will refer to as “blended learning.” MS TCDC: https://www.mstcdc.or.tz / ActionAid Digital Learning Platform: ActionAid Learning (talentlms.com)
Tasks and Responsibilities
As our new digital learning experience designer, you will analyze the data from the learning management site, develop user journeys, produce powerful graphics and illustrations, and remind us to be user oriented.
This includes the following roles:
- Technical specialist in learning design processes around the short professional courses Tasks:
- Contribute to learning design processes together with project owners, end-users and subject matter experts.
- Support TCDC faculty and subject matter experts in creating engaging learning activities for e-course implementation.
- Developing concepts into inspiring and motivational written/visual learning resources this includes development of video productions and other products (for short professional courses and Strategic Partnership Agreement (SPA II)/ Danida Fellowship Centre (DFC) communities).
- Be part of the TCDC Learning Committee sub-committee on Digital and blended learning
- Be the TCDC focal person in the ActionAid Denmark (AADK) Digital Capacity and Learning Working Group
- Oversight and Administration of Digital Solutions for the Learning and Training Unit and other units as need arises Tasks:
- Managing service providers and ensure effective day-to-day management of digital sites and platforms.
- Continuously troubleshoot and evaluate solutions.
- Advise on and implement necessary changes and lead decision making in changing platforms, services etc. as well as implement changes.
- Establish support setup and provide support on the use of the learning management system and authoring tools.
Digital learning quality
Tasks: • Continuously refining our design method and design tools.
- Make user studies and data analysis and communicate findings to the project team and ensure they are used actively to adjust digital solutions.
- Ensure that learnings from the field of digital learning is captured and used to inform further development of our digital solutions.
- Innovative ways of implementing digital learning.
- Search for new technical solutions that meet our customers on the technical devices they have available, e.g., mobile phones.
- Research on, develop and maintain online instruction platforms for e-learning at
Develop or research and institute other relevant digital learning
products to support TCDC Digital and Blended Learning ambitions
Maintain classrooms and relevant e-learning requirement and troubleshoot where relevant
To be a good fit for the position as the digital learning experience designer, you have:
- Proven experience of developing digital learning content
- At least three years in education or related industry
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems and authoring tools (preferably Articulate 360)
- Experience with adult learning
- Video-animation skills
- Graphical design and creative skills
- The ability to collaborate in an organizational context dealing with a changing political environment
- A self-driven way of working and the ability to structure time and resources
- A passion for working with young people and ability to communicate with this target group
- Intercultural work experiences an advantage
It’s nice if you also:
- Have thematic experience within feminism, rights-based approach and organisational development
- Have experience with ActionAid Denmark/ Danida Fellowship Centre
- Are motivated about being part of a hybrid international team
At least Bachelor’s Degree in IT; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Knowledge, abilities and skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong knowledge of online learning
- Strong communication skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours from time to time
- 1-year, fulltime appointment
- Opportunity to work with teams delivering the ActionAid SPA II programme, the Danida
- Fellowship Centre and TCDC ‘together for impact’ programme
- Flexible work conditions
- A workplace with a purpose, working for creating political and social change A lot of great, fun and dedicated colleagues
How to Apply
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your CV, motivational letter, and any available links to samples of your work with subject “Digital Learning Experience Designer”
14th March 2023