Reporting line- Head of Consumer Banking
The purpose of the role is to drive the business growth and management of the Diaspora Banking Business in CRDB Bank in connection with Tanzanian Embassies, diaspora associations and the ministry in ensuring strong and sustainable relationship that brings more business. Responsible for the strategic positioning and growth of diaspora banking. Provide leadership, manage and build a growing customer base with strong relationship for both potential and existing prospects Tanzanian Diasporas. Create awareness of bank products relevant to diaspora and promote account opening, accounts funding, usage, and savings. Responsible for cross-selling and upselling of other products and services to this diaspora segment. Manage sales campaigns for all promotions and campaigns for Diaspora products and services in Tanzania and abroad.
- Manage and monitor diaspora banking business by ensuring customer base growth, deposits, income, facility utilization and usage of other relevant bank products and services.
- Work with product managers to ensure customers’ feedback is considered in all new products and changes done to existing products.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all diaspora banking business partners in-country and outside the country.
- Develop and lead the implementation of diaspora banking sales strategy by providing coordination between departments and business partners for better sales results.
- Oversee and evaluate customer relationship management to ensure existing customer retention and onboarding of new customers.
- Manage and review customer complaints from time to time and provide reliable feedback and solutions to the raised concerns.
- Strategically, work with other bank departments to remove all customer’s pain points and give an enhanced customer experience to the diaspora segment.
- Plan, manage and execute campaigns in international markets with high customer potential for recruitment and articulate Bank focus with targeted presentations.
- Analyse market intelligence across global markets and work with product development teams to achieve desired customer needs and wants.
- Lead and champion the change toward sales culture in all direct reports and across the unit.
- Manage Diaspora customer requests/transactions in compliance with Bank’s operational guidelines and procedures with zero tolerance for operational risk & frauds.
- Oversee direct report performance review and ensure constructive feedback.
- Execute marketing and sales initiative in the Diaspora markets and segment locally and internationally to present the Bank.
- Manage and monitor Performance Management for the portfolio against targets.
- Support, train and coach branches and other Units staff on Diaspora business to create synergy and enhance sales culture.
- Responsible for all KYC requirements and on-boarding process.
People Management Functions:
- Actively build the capacity of all direct reports through engagements, trainings, coaching,
- mentoring and evaluation.
Customer Focus Functions:
- Customer centric in all products and services
- Highlights customer pain points and resolve them timely
- Develop and manage an appealing customer value proposition (CVP)
- Ensure that customers are aware of the products and services offered by CRDB
- Responsible for product and unit profitability
- Development, implementation, and management of consumer liabilities products
- Monitor and analyse product performance on monthly basis
- Prepare various reports and business proposals for management approval
- Perform all other duties as assigned by your line manager
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in sales with good knowledge, and exposure in Diaspora and Premium.
- Good understanding of Financial Products and business principles related to banking in Tanzania.
- Analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrator of high integrity and trust.