Board of Directors Mamber at Institute of Directors in Tanzania November, 2022
Are you looking for a unique and exciting leadership opening to put your strategic, legal, marketing, ICT, training and HR ability and expertise in the service of a great cause?
If you wish to assist organizations become successful through effective boards and ethical values and principles for better Tanzania, you are the one!
The Institute of Directors in Tanzania (loDT) is looking for candidates from diverse backgrounds to join its Board of Directors.
The loDT is the champion of effective corporate governance and best business practices in Tanzania. Its Board is its strategic heart to develop, orient and galvanize corporate leaders through training, advisory and networking to serve in the best interest of their stakeholders.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The right candidates will have the minimum of the following profile:
- An loDT memberfor a commitment to qualify within 6 months of the appointment)
- Commitment to the loDT mission, values and objectives
- Meets the minimum requirements for a Board member as per the Companies Act plus relevant regulations and best practices in Tanzania.
- Female candidates and/or those of diverse ethnicity are strongly advised to apply
- Previous experience on an equivalent status board, is an advantage.
- Understanding of strategic issues in legal, strategic marketing, ICT, training or HR disciplines.
- Having association or influence in business circles, SMEs and family businesses is an advantage.
- Ability to understand and scrutinize financial reports
- Strategic planning skills
- Risk management skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to operate as part of a team
All applications will be selected on merit and only short listed candidates will be invited for interviews.
The deadline is set at 1700hrs, 10th November 2022.