Request for Proposal – Consultancy to Conduct an Advocacy Training at ACDI/VOCA October, 2022
Tanager, an ACDI/VOCA affiliate, is an international nonprofit that brings people together at the table, on the ground, and across supply chains to co-create economic and social opportunities that change lives. Working closely with our partners, we align interests to expand market access and unlock the full potential of shared market opportunities that result in reliable supply chains, stable incomes, healthy families, and resilient communities. Established in 1993, we work with the ACDI/VOCA family of companies to make agriculture work better for people. We offer a focused and diligent team of locally based experts and international advisors who work with our partners to reach common goals.
For more information, please visit www.tanagerintl.org.
The Impacting Gender & Nutrition through Innovative Technical Exchange in Agriculture (IGNITE) mechanism is a five-year investment funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and implemented by Tanager to improve household nutrition and women’s empowerment by strengthening African institutions’ ability to integrate nutrition and gender into their way of doing business and their agriculture interventions.
IGNITE is supporting its clients through client decision focused research to test and learn how the design and implementation models within their agricultural programming is impacting on women’s empowerment, gender equality and improving nutrition. IGNITE has also engaged four Local Service Providers (LSPs) based in Burkina Faso, Nigeria, Tanzania, and Ethiopia as part of its sustainability to build the capacity of these organisation and work with these LSPs to co-deliver technical assistance to our clients across the four countries
Tanager is seeking a firm or individual consultant to conduct an advocacy training to build the capacity of selected Tanager staff and local service provider (LSP) staff on advocacy and communication skills to enable them promote nutrition and gender integration in select organizations. Consultant who can also speak Swahili is preferred.
Scope of Work
The firm or individual consultant task will be to;
- Co-develop an advocacy strategy guide for Tanager to use to develop a client advocacy plan.
- Develop an advocacy trainer of trainer (ToT) training guide for gender and nutrition champions that includes a minimum of two case studies of successful examples of community gender and nutrition advocacy
- Facilitate advocacy training in-person using the developed guide in Nairobi, Kenya. Training should be interactive, incorporate practical learning, and be highly visual.
- Support the training participants to conduct a step-down training in Tanzania through coaching.
By the end of the assignment, the consultant should:
- Submit an inception report
- Develop a four-day advocacy training package (ToT)
- Prepare and administer a pre-test and post-test.
- Conduct a four-day in-person training to Tanager and LSP staff (gender and nutrition experts) in Nairobi, Kenya (Pax 10-12 people)
- Submit a training report detailing the knowledge change and provide practical after training recommendations for use by Tanager to provide further support to clients.
- Submit a general advocacy strategy guide for Tanager
- Submit an assignment report including support (Max 10 pages)
- The lead consultant should have:Master’s degree or other advanced degree in health promotion, communication, advocacy, social development, international relations, nutrition, gender, agriculture, or related/relevant field. Please note an additional team member should have complementary qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of experience in communication for change in the development sector, and with a bias in nutrition and/or gender in agriculture.
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken Kiswahili and English
- Experience in developing training manuals for field-level officers
- Strong training skills for ToT
- Computer literacy with good PowerPoint skills, infographics design, and visuals
- Evidence of extensive work experience and proven record in advocacy, policy, and social campaign
- The consultant must be available to conduct in-person trainings Nairobi, Kenya
How to apply
The technical and price proposals shall be separately bound and identified as such (or sent via email). Each volume shall be clearly identified with the RFP number and the Offeror’s name.
All responses to this RFP with all relevant documents must be received no later than EOD 6th Nov 2022 EAT with the subject line “Consultancy to conduct a training of trainers on advocacy skills to improve gender and nutrition integration” on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information visit the link below