Hotel operations Manager Job Opportunity At AXIA HR Hotel operations Manager.
The Operations Manager is also required to assist in the preparation of the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fully responsible for all aspects of all departments.
- Support and work with all head of Departments in all aspects of running this hotel.
- Ensure the premises are in operative condition as per category of the unit to receive & serve the guests.
- Conduct regular operations team meeting with all the HOD daily / weekly to discuss routine operational matters, sales targets, GSTS feedback / RSTS feedbacks and action taken for service recovery, and also any staff issues. Minutes of the meeting to be sent to GM/RGM.
- Ensure SOP implementation in all departments and check the same during routine operational checks. Consultant /GRM guidance to be taken wherever required.
- Monitor the purchase / indent / requestions of each department, the accounts receivable (collection from debtors) and the accounts payable (payable to the vendors / suppliers etc).
- Randomly inspecting the stores (F & B / Kitchen) to check the stock in hand (quality, par stock levels, expiry etc) with the F & B Manager & Chef.
- Dealing with Suppliers / Vendors for quality products involving Purchase Manager and providing performance assessment of vendors every quarter to HO Purchase.
- Inspecting all departments for SOP implementation.
- Inspecting all department with their respective Manager’s for cleanliness, ambience, service readiness, staff grooming & hospitality culture.
- Monitor the co-ordination between all departments for smooth & efficient operations.
- Assessing and reviewing customer satisfaction and service recovery process.
- Meet all dept. heads to review & train the staff to upkeep the human capital.
- Identifying staff learning needs and assisting with development
- Providing timely and constructive feedback to all direct reports as and when required either formally or informally.
- Conduct weekly / Daily meeting with marketing people for enquiry & follow up & conversion to grow up the business.
- Monitor and maintain operation & overhead cost in order to maintain maximum revenue to the organisation.
- Be on available on call 24 hours a day to resolve any urgent problems on emergencies.
- Responsible for the overall management of the operation of the hotel.
- Any other duties assigned.
Skills and qualifications:
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management or Graduates bachelor degree and/or diploma in hotel or other related field.
- Computer Knowledge, MS office. Experience in Property Management Software’s, Revenue Management Systems desired.
- Minimum 3 to 4 years work experience in a 3 to 5 Star Hotel as a Deputy Manager, Asst. Operations Manager or Hotel Manager or front office manager or hospitality manager.
- Excellent communication skills
Fluency in English is a must
- Kiswahili Language is a must
- Extensive food and beverage knowledge as well is important.
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- To be successful in this role, you’ll need management skills and experience in both the front and back of the house.
- Excellent attention to detail and anticipating guests’ needs.
|Date created:||26th October 2022|
|Typically reports to:||CFO|
|Purpose of the job:||Supervise, direct, and coordinate all operational finance related engagements.|
|Key Performance area:||Tasks:||Weighting:|
|Operational Finance||Review and Analysis of monthly MIS
Review of IFRS based financials preparations.
Working knowledge of tax and other Compliance
Review of periodic cash flow statement and assistance in preparation of cash flow forecasts Financial forecasting and risk analysis
Analysing accounts with business plans.
|Financial Reporting||Compiling and presenting monthly reports related to
actuals, budgets, business plans, commentaries, and financial statements
to all relevant stakeholders.
Creation, preparation and review of consolidated monthly reports, quarterly management reports, executive committee reports, variance analysis reports, facilities management report, etc
Undertake, review monthly/quarterly/yearly consolidation of accounts on a group level.
Engage in due diligence, valuation, financial modelling and another fund-raising activities.
|Managing Team||Coordinate and track the financial engagements of reporting team and report to the CFO.
Delegate reporting related tasks.
Coordinate with HR, Admin, IT, and other functions for various requirements
|System Optimisation||Operational systems, implementation, administration, and infrastructure development.
Formulating and review of SOPs and place other system enhancement controls
|Key relationships:||Chief Finance Officer Senior Management||Regional Finance Managers of all regions Finance Staff|
|Critical experience:||2+ years of related work experience in financial accounting/reporting/financial consulting/consolidation Dealt with managing a team|
|CPA, C.A., B.com|
|Technical competencies/ Professional expertise:||Computer literacy including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel
Relevant background in consolidation at year end
Preferably well versed with valuation methods and strong financial management knowledge
|Behavioural competencies: (Personal attributes)||Exceptional communication/interpersonal skills and experience in interacting with senior management.
Business partnering and working with other Regional /
Corporate functions (i.e. Treasury, Operations, Reconciliation, Strategic Decision making)
Supervision of various functions –operational accounting, financial reporting, treasury management, communication with HOD’s, etc.
Competencies (if a leadership role)
|Work in a fast paced and dynamic
organizational environment making expeditious business decisions,
adapting to rapidly changing and sometimes unpredictable business
Adapt into a culturally diverse work environment.
Possess honesty, integrity, passion for the work, compassion
If you meet the above requirements kindly share your CV and cover letter to: