TAIFA GAS TANZANIA LIMITED (TAIFA GAS) started as MIHAN GAS COMPANY LIMITED (MIHAN GAS) and was incorporated on 19th May 2005, with certificate of incorporation number 52508 under the Companies Ordinance (Cap 212) as a limited company in the United Republic of Tanzania. The Company spent two years in its initial startup investment and eventually started business in the market in year 2008
Position: Technical Manager
TECHNICAL PROJECTS & MANTAINANCES:
- Undertake Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) of defined projects through identifying and assessing the needs so as to meet Company’s objectives
- Prepare Maintenance and Repair Plans and budget and then implement accordingly to maximize equipment and machinery Availability, Efficiency and Reliability by seriously taking into consideration Health, Safety, and Environment and Quality Assurance (HSEQ) aspect.
- Manage and optimize investment and maintenance costs for all mechanical & Electrical equipment’s and machineries.
- Prepare the engineering drawings of sites by using AutoCAD and keep file documents for the future use
- Ensure codes and standards documents for all constructed facilities are filed properly and readily available for references
- Participate in the installation of modified and new equipment within the deport upcountry stations
- Ensure timely calibration of all measuring equipment, devices and instruments in order to maintain operation smoothly and at required standards according to the design and local requirements.
- Inspect all equipment, storage tanks, filling plants, safety devices, instruments, piping systems and associated fittings for malfunctioning conditions such as noise, cracks, signs of overheating, leakages, alignments and develop response action plan
- Conduct all field tasks using personal protective Equipment’s (PPE) in order to avoid or minimize accidents at the working place.
- To implement operation procedures/ resolve system malfunctions and provides technical information.
- To carry out faults finding and diagnosis of problems affecting Depot and take corrective measure and prevent downtime
- Train machine operators in understanding machine functions and procedure to ensure that they can perform their work effectively.
- Perform all daily facilities checklist by testing leakage on gas piping or any other fittings.
- Any other office related duties as may be assigned by the Superior from time to time.
- Identification of LPG equipment’s required for smooth operations
- Procurement materials from reputable service providers for spare parts and up-coming projects with approved budgets.
- Adherence to Company Procurement Policy and Procedures
TECHNICAL WRITEUPS AND MONTHLY REPORTS
- Prepare Technical Write-Ups
- Take part in preparations of technical reports
- Performance report regarding preventive maintenance system to avoid unexpected breakdowns and costly disruptions
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Optimal depot maintenance cost
- Optimal vehicle operational cost
- Maximize equipment availability and reliability
- Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) incidents
- Project Management via completion efficiency and quality
- Timely reports
- Demonstrable leadership values; visionary, results driven, decisive, communicator, organizer, emotional intelligence and coaching
- Sets high personal standards and is goal oriented
- Ability to work independently and flexibility
- Ability of effective verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills
- Excellent project planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communications skills, both orally and in writing
- Excellent presentation skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management
- Honest with demonstrable integrity, assertiveness, creativity and analysis
- Culturally aware and adept at working across multiple geographies
- Candidates with Bachelor’s or recent Master’s Degree in Mechanical / Petroleum/ Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years working experience in Oil & Gas industry preferably in LPG reservoirs storage and distribution.
- Good knowledge, experience and skills in engineering design, codes and standards preferably in Oil and Gas industry
- Strong experience and skills in managing mechanical construction or installation projects
- Must be a registered professional engineer with Engineering Registration Board of relevant country or certified by verified institute.
- Demonstrated Solid Works experience or other CAD software tools