Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST), a Non-Governmental Organization, is a social enterprise and a leading provider of family planning, sexual and reproductive health care and allied services. MST isa partner of the Government of Tanzania and a member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Global Partnership, which operates in over 37 countries worldwide.
MST is committed to its employees, clients, children, and vulnerable adults’ protection, and has zero tolerance to any sort of harassment. MST promotes a speaking up culture whereby employees work transparently and are empowered to report any existence or potential existence of harassment at workplaces.
MST’s mission is that all women and men in Tanzania will have “Children by Choice, Not Chance”.
We are looking for an active and qualified individual for the following role: Women are more encouraged to apply:
Youth Mobilization Officer:
The Youth Mobilization Officer providesa key strategicfocus within the advocacy team. She/ he also plays a vital role in supporting other teams to excel in meeting the needs of young people with sexual and reproductive health services and information. The Youth Mobilization Officer reports to and works closely with the Advocacy and External Communication team where the Head may also assign the post holder additional tasks.
Among Key Responsibilities:
- Implementing a Youth Communication Strategy in Vocational and higher Learning Institutions
- Provide Technical assistance in the implementation of Youth Mobilization Components of the projects
- Participate in project set-up by providing technical inputs and the available information in the country patterning the Youth Mobilisation component
- Participate in both internal and external project evaluations & support Research team
- Document the case studies, interesting stories and lessons learnt related to youth and community mobilisation components
- Participate in the dissemination of results to the stakeholders at field and central level and share the status of youth and community mobilization components
- Advocacy and campaigning.
- University Degree in any health or social sciences field from a reputable institution
- Attended training on cross cutting issues particularly youth & community mobilisation
- Additional qualification in project management is desirable.
- At least 2- year experience in working in the youth and community mobilisation interventions with a health organisation
- Experience in the fields of sexual reproductive and child health particularly Family Planning, post-abortion care and advocacy
- Experience in collating information from various sources to produce reports for different audiences.
- Ability to network and create positive, mutually co-operative relationships
- Decision making skills
- Training and facilitation skills are desirable
- Able to prioritise complex workload and work independently
- IT literate mainly with word, excel, outlook and Power Point
- Numerate (for performance analysis and budget development)
- Strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English and Swahili both oral and written.
Mode of Application:
If you feel that you are able to meet the requirements, and you are motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your application CV and cover letter by email detailing your suitability and why you are interested in the post, to the address below:
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Marie Stopes Tanzania
Plot 421 & 422 Mwenge, Kijitonyama area
P.0. Box 7072,
Dar es Salaam
Closing date: All applications should reach the addressee before Monday March 21,2022.Only short- listed candidates will be contacted.