The Mwanza Intervention Trials Unit (MITU) based at the National Institute for Medical Research campus in Mwanza, Tanzania is a collaborative research unit of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and the National Institute for Medical Research.
The mission of the Mwanza Intervention Trials Unit is to contribute to improving health through the development and evaluation of interventions against HIV and other health problems by conducting research, including clinical trials, to the highest international standards; to enhance the capacity to carry out such research in Tanzania and the East African region; and to contribute to the translation of research findings into health policy. MITU is currently collaborating with other international research partners to implement a trial evaluating a single-dose of the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine in males to reduce population prevalence of HPV. A large- scale community-based survey will be conducted as part of this trial, and the Unit is now inviting applications from highly motivated and suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
Position : Community Liaison and Engagement Officer (1 position available)
- Working closely with local government and community leaders to obtain support for the trial.
- Arranging and attending meetings with community leaders.
- Establishing and liaising with Community Advisory Boards.
- At least a diploma in community development studies or related field.
- Extensive experience of working closely with community leaders as part of a health intervention or clinical trial.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Swahili.
Position : Registration Clerk (multiple positions available)
- Keeping records of recruited participants.
- Working with clinical team to manage participant flow and follow-up visit appointments.
- Checking all documents and samples are completed and labelled accurately.
- Completion of secondary school education and at least a certificate in health or community development studies or a related field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Swahili.
- Experience in record keeping within a clinical trial setting.
Position : Community Mobilizers / Tracers (multiple positions available)
- Providing study information to community members.
- Working closely with local government and community leaders and health providers in the study area.
- Locating potential participants in the community.
- At least a certificate in health or community development studies or related field.
- At least one year’s experience in field research studies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Swahili.
Position: Research Assistant (multiple positions available)
- Explaining the study to potential participants and consenting, screening and following up study participants.
- Performing verbal interviews, including completing electronic case report forms.
- Collecting clinical samples.
- A diploma or higher qualification in nursing or clinical medicine and registration.
- At least one year’s relevant experience working on clinical trials, or on a large epidemiological study.
- Experience performing surveys in rural populations.
Position : Survey Team Leader (multiple positions available)
- Overseeing and supporting a small team of approximately 4-6 individuals as part of a large community-based survey.
- Providing study information to community members, including potential participants.
- Informing and liaising with local government and community leaders about the study
- Candidate should have relevant clinical training.
- Evidence of being clinically active within the past 3 years.
- Experience in leading field teams in field research studies.
POSITION:Manager Digital Marketing.
The Manager Digital Marketing has the overall responsibility of overseeing all digital strategic communications with external audiences by working closely with the Reliance team to identify and maximize opportunities that will bring the Company mission and achievements to life.
This should be achieved through a diverse mix of marketing, advertising, and media campaigns using the full range of traditional and digital tools available.
Job descriptions include but are not limited to:
- Designing and implementing Reliance’s digital marketing strategy in accordance with the Companys strategy and business objectives.
- To act as the strategic lead for all communication including media engagement, pro-active and re-active
- Creating and managing the online presence and communication by maintaining social media accounts, as well as other new media executions, digital landscape, and trends.
- Overseeing the nature and tone of content, and adherence to branding, across the Companys digital channels, in consultation with the IT Manager and Operation team.
- Creating solution-driven ideas that will make use of digital innovations to meet the needs of clients.
- Managing Company media and PR strategy, including responsibility for all major PR campaigns in line with Company strategy.
- Developing and implementing communications policies, as well as establishing house style and branding guidelines.
- Spearhead the strategic and tactical execution of marketing campaigns and activities, including advertising, public relations, events, and promotions.
- Developing and implementing performance metrics and tracking tools to monitor and measure results.
- Managing production and dissemination of all marketing and communications material in line with the branding guidelines.
- Collaborate with the operation, agents, and broking departments to create and implement effective go-to-market strategies for new and existing products.
- In cooperation with Finance, the department prepare, manage, and deliver the digital marketing and communications budget.
- Reviewing new technologies and keeping the Company at the forefront of developments in digital marketing.
- Planning and executing digital marketing and advertising campaigns across a range of both traditional and non-traditional platforms.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate in insurance, marketing, business administration, IT, Computer studies, or related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience that shows the use of skills necessary to execute this position.
- Demonstrable experience in planning and executing digital marketing and advertising campaigns across a range of both traditional and non-traditional platforms.
- Good language
Mode of application:
Interested applicants should submit a letter of application together with their CV and copies of all relevant certificates, memberships and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 23 December 2021.
The applicants should clearly state the job title for which they are applying in the subject line of the email.
Paper applications will not be accepted.
Successful applicants for all positions must be willing to be based in Mwanza for work activities and be willing to travel extensively in the Lake Zone Regions
Interviews will be held at the earliest available opportunity and only shortlisted candidates will be notified by email if selected for interview.MITU is an equal opportunities organization, female applicants and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.