Sikonge District is one of the seven districts of the Tabora Region of Tanzania. The town of Sikonge is the administrative seat. The district has an area of 27,873 square kilometres (10,762 sq mi), but 26,834 square kilometres (10,361 sq mi) of it is in forest and game reserves.
Sikonge District Council in collaboration with Management Development for Heath (MDH) has a pleasure to invite suitable candidates to fill the following contracted vacancies.
Job Title: Data Officer (2 Posts)
Full time work station: CTCs and PMTCT Clinics Report to: CTC In-charge
Qualifications and Work Experience:
Certificate or Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Records Management or Secretarial Services, with computer basic skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter quickly and accurately clinical, laboratory, pharmacy, tracking or other forms into database under the monitoring of DDO and reporting to the DACC
- Performs mobile data entries from small sites into CTC2 database
- Sort and file forms as needed in numerical order
- Conduct DQA’s on monthly basis
- Conduct data checks on daily basis after data entry
- Prepare graphs and inform CTC/PMTCT on progress of indicators vs target set
- Report all CTC2 cards with problems to CTC In-charge at end of each day for timely rectification
- Reconcile differences between different data bases by running compare program, reviewing appropriate form, and correcting all differences
- Locate and review archived or filed forms if necessary
- Attend data staff meetings at specified times
- Communicate both verbally and in writing suggestions for improvements-to data entry or data flow to supervisors
- Complete other data tasks as assigned
Job title: Index Tester (4 posts)
Full time workstation: CTC for Index Tester Reports to: CTC In-charge
Should have at least a Certificate or Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences and must have a valid practice license. He/she should have an experience of 1-2 years in the field of expertise is added advantage
Index Tester requires extensive, current knowledge of the HIV prevention measures. Index Tester must enjoy working with other people, have a compassionate nature and be a good listener. A broad knowledge of diverse cultural beliefs and attitudes is often necessary when working with diverse population
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create awareness and education on the existence of HTS i.e. educating clients on all aspects of HIV diseases and treatment management as well as basic health lifestyles
- Serve as liaison between clinicians/clinics, individuals screened and care centers.
- To provide
- Provides on-going counseling and testing while maintaining confidentiality and patient rights.
- Provide psychosocial support and assist with linkage to referral services
- To assess, document all referrals, make follow-up and report on referral outcomes.
- To monitor the quality of test kits using suitable control materials/samples from laboratory department.
- To be in line with current HTS protocols/guidelines to ensure correct testing services (periodic review of standard operating procedures with support from laboratory department).
- To ensure safe storage of HTS related items and to request/prepare all the necessary consumables for undertaking the HTS activities on time.
- To compile and submit HTS reports on weekly, monthly and/or quarterly to the HTS focal person on time.
- To keep accurate HTS records (HTS registers, reports and referral/linkage reports)
- To work with team member to monitor quality improvement plans with regards to the established performance targets/indicators.
- Ensure HIV testing is performed according to the National HIV Testing algorithm.
- . To carry out any other duties that may be required by supervisor.
All applications will be received not be later than 30th September 2021 at 03.30 PM. All applications should be directed through the email firstname.lastname@example.org or through this address:
District Executive Director,
P. O. BOX 70,
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter, certified copies of academic certificates and an updated CV (3 pages maximum). All applications must be submitted physically or via post mail.
No applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.