Human Resource and Communication Manager
HelpAge International wishes to recruit a Human Resource and Communication Manager (HRCM) that will be based in Dar Es Salaam with key relationships extending to programme staff in HelpAge International Tanzania office, key staff in partner organisations and relevant global Communication and HR staff in HelpAge International.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Manage the profile of HelpAge International in Tanzania and design Communication systems and strategies to reach the diverse audiences in the country and overseeing all the human resources practices and processes, including recruitment process, designing Organisation policies and setting objectives for the HR team.
We are looking for a dynamic person who will assume overall responsibility for managing and ensuring the effective implementation of HR and Communication activities that promote the positive role of older people increase visibility to HelpAge International’s activities in the country. The post holder will create and supervise the creation of media releases and content for social media accounts, establish relationships with media outlets, journalists, and key influencers, and manage the image of the organization in critical situations.
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource, communications, public relations, or similar field
- Experience of working in an international NGO
- Understanding of ageing issues
- Ability and willingness to be administratively self-supporting.
- People oriented and results driven
- Demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databaseAbility to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the Organisation
- In-depth knowledge of labour law
Health and Care Programme and Monitoring Officer
HelpAge International wishes to recruit a Health and Care Programme and Monitoring Officer (HCPMO) that will be based in Dar Es Salaam with frequent field visit to support programmes implemented in collaboration with different partners.
To provide support to HelpAge International’s Programme work: coordinating the effective design, development, implementation and evaluation of Tanzania programmes that address the expressed Health and Care needs of older people and people with disabilities (PwDs); provide lessons for HelpAge International and partners; and contribute to HelpAge International and WHO’s advocacy strategy on Health and Care needs of older people and People with Disabilities including WHO’s Priority Assistive Products.
We are looking for a dynamic person who is familiar with the project cycle approach with ability to contribute during needs assessment, design, monitoring and evaluation. The post holder is expected to have effective communication skills both written and verbal in English and Kiswahili with ability to engage at the grassroots level and national Government level with CSOs and relevant departments in the Government.
- A medical related degree or public health specialist with Knowledge and experience of using qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methods, including key statistical packages and who have practised at least for 2 years.
- Minimum 3 years of programme implementation experience out of which 2 years must be with INGO
- Budget and financial management skills
- Experience in capacity building and working with local organizations
- Ability to coach and mentor diverse partners across several regions
- Ability to work under pressure and to short deadlines
- Communication, and reporting skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrable interest in gender and ageing issues
- Experience of closely working with the media for public awareness
- Fluency in Kiswahili and English
- Background on Assistive Technology for PwDs will be an added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Candidates who meet these requirements should send an email requesting for the full Job Description before they apply. Interested applicants should afterwards send their CV with a cover letter stating how they meet the key competencies by email, to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Applications should be sent before 31st August 2021. HelpAge International is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.