Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
JOB TITTLE:Laboratory Technician (1 post) – Lab Unit, Ifakara
Ifakara is looking for a qualified and experienced Laboratory Technician to support the laboratory unit. The Technician will be required to conduct specialized high throughput techniques and routine laboratory activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the design and evaluation of new laboratory
- Supervise implementation of laboratory quality
- Carry out microbiological, parasitology and histology
- Train laboratory staff in new techniques introduced in the
- Participate and give training to other laboratory
- Develop and implement preventive maintenance and quality control of laboratory
- Develop and review laboratory standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Perform routine and experimental laboratory
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned by superiors from time to
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in medical
- At least two years of working experience in microbiology, parasitology and histopathology
- Knowledge in safety issues and capability to use Abbott m2000 system will be added
Skills and Competencies
- MS office, laboratory safety issues, capable of using Abbott 2000rt platform, tissue preparation and processing for
- Holder of certificate of registration as health laboratory
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
All e-mail application subject lines should include: LABORATORY TECHNICIAN – IFAKARA. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
The deadline for this application is 17hrs on Friday July 16th 2021.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania