Water Services Lead – Tanzania WASH Market Systems Activity
Practice area(s): Water
Duration: Contract Employee
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Hire Type(s): In-Country Applicant
Experience: 6-9 Years
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential WASH Services Lead position on an anticipated U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded program in Tanzania.
The Activity is anticipated to be a five-year contract to expand the provision and governance of WASH services through partnerships with the Government and private sector in Tanzania. Interventions aim to (i) increase access to sustainable water services managed by the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency and urban water utilities; (ii) increase access to finance for water, sanitation, and hygiene; (iii) strengthen the market for sanitation and hygiene products and services; and (iv) strengthening basin water boards and water user associations to enhance stewardship of water resources.
The Water Services Lead will head a multi-person component team as part of a USAID funded development activity to increase access to sustainable water services managed by the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency (RUWASA) and urban water supply and sanitation authorities (UWSSAs). The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience with donor funded projects, managing a team to provide technical and managerial oversight related to the following results:
* Improve RUWASA’s institutional, operational, administrative, and management capacity;
* Improve monitoring of water services at district, regional and national level;
* Carry out innovative operations and maintenance models, such as PPPs, to professionalize rural and urban water service delivery;
* Improve UWSSA performance, financial viability, and operational capacity;
* Implement targeted rural/urban water supply infrastructure based on need and leveraging potential;
* Strengthen evidence-based dialogue based on up to date WASH data and analysis between Government of Tanzania and Tanzanian WASH civil societies.
* Advanced degree relevant in a specific area of specialization such as public administration, engineering, business administration or similar;
* Minimum 8 years of experience managing teams providing assistance on large donor-funded projects with similar scope;
* Demonstrated experience designing and leading complex public sector organizational strengthening to improve performance and implement policies;
* Senior-level experience supporting Tanzania’s water sector policy agenda is highly preferred;
* Extensive experience leading detailed work planning and reporting;
* Experience delivering services in Tanzania, working successfully within a team environment;
* Excellent interpersonal and business communication skills, verbal and written;
* Fluency in English and Swahili;
* Please note: Only Tanzanian citizens are eligible for this position.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.