Career Directions Ltd
Zanzibar West, Tanzania
We are a professional firm of Accountants and Auditors registered with the National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) of Tanzania. We provide a wide range of services both in the public and private sectors within the country. We are looking for Senior Accountant Advisory Officer who will be based in Zanzibar.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
- Review of financial statements for compliance with relevant accounting standards;
- Preparation of consolidated financial statements for clients;
- Provide adhoc accounting advice to clients;
- Internal control training and financial reporting training;
- Support client’s month- end and year-end close process;
- Preparation of clients financial/accounting manuals;
- Preparation and or Review company’s management reports on monthly basis before submission to the clients;
- Development and monitoring of clients’ accounting systems;
- Review, evaluate, formulate and supervise implementation of clients’ Processes’ and Controls;
- Supervising and monitoring book- keeping activities for clients both on-site and off-site;
- Providing guidance and advisory to clients in all matters related to Taxes both direct and indirect.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- Approx. 5 or more years’ experience in client accounting services type work is a must
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Experience in professional services (public accounting and or management consulting) is a must
- Advanced User with Microsoft Office suite of products particularly Microsoft Excel,
Experience/exposure to a variety of accounting platforms: QuickBooks,
Tally, Pastel, MYOB both public and private Sectors.
Technical Sales Manager
Tramigo is a leading Tracking Solutions company operating Globally with a strong presence in Sub-Saharan Africa. We are looking for a new team member to grow Tramigo's route to market in Tanzania.
We are looking for an intelligent, energetic, and hard-working Technical
Sales Manager to be part of our team with focus on Tanzania and
supporting the rest of the team in East Africa. Based in Tanzania, you
are part of our international sales team, and reporting to the
Technichal Sales Director of East Africa based in Nairobi.
customers have extremely high requirements and understanding of
tracking and connectivity technologies. Technical understanding and
disciplined sales process are key for success. This role also includes
working closely together with our field teams and reseller partners.
As a strong entrepreneurial minded expert, you love ownership and responsibility, which we are happy to share. We always respect ambitious individuals who wants to become future members of our versatile and international management team. We expect you to have a minimum experience of at least five years in sales in the tracking industry. Tanzanian residency is required.
How to apply:
If you really want this position, please send us an e-mail describing shortly why you would be the best candidate for the role to email@example.com
We expect both a cover letter and your CV.
Dar es Salaam, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
A leading Health-care provider with operations across East Africa is seeking an established Finance Manager who will be responsible for ensuring that the financial results meet all statutory, audit and accounting requirements.
The successful Finance Manager will be based in Tanzania and will
have full authority and discretion with regard to implementing
activities that relate to the key performance areas for a number of
their regional offices.
The below are some of the key responsibilities of the Finance Manager:
- Ensure compliance with statutory & regulatory requirements.
- Ensure all tax related documentation is submitted timeously to comply with statutory requirements.
- Management of the finance, billing and collections functions.
- Preparation of financial reports for management.
- Performance management and ensure adequate training and development of staff.
- Manage the external audit process.
- Keeping up to date with changes in international accounting and tax environment.
- A relevant degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an accounting environment
- A recognised Post-Graduate Professional Qualification will be an added advantage
Position: Swahili Copywriter
The Active Dept.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
About the job
The ideal candidate is a creative team player, talented wordsmith, and grammar sleuth. You will be responsible for developing marketing and communications content that will separate our clients from the crowd.
- Collaborate with internal partners to interpret project briefs and develop relevant concepts into content
- Ensure that all products are proofed and ready for delivery or posting
- Prepare files and concept boards for client review and presentation
- Bachelor's degree, Diploma or equivalent experience in Advertising
- 3+ years' of marketing or copywriting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
Food and Beverage Manager
Rivertrees Country Inn
Arumeru, Arusha, Tanzania
Rivertrees Country Inn is looking for a professional Food and Beverage Manager to be responsible for managing all F&B operations and for delivering an excellent guest experience. The successful candidate will be able to forecast, plan and manage all F&B orders, staff and finance. The goal is to maximize sales and revenue through customer satisfaction and employee engagement.
As Food & Beverage Manager, you will
also be responsible for co-ordinating all phases of group meeting,
incentive, conference and event functions held in the Hotel; coordinate
these activities on a daily basis; assist clients in program planning
and menu selection.
will be responsible to solicit local Food & Beverage business;
maintain the services and reputation of the Hotel and act as a
management representative to group and individual clients. You will be
responsible to continually strive to improve guest and employee
satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of
- Manage all F&B and day-to-day operations within budgeted guidelines and to the highest standards.
- To assist in menu planning and pricing.
- Achievement of budgeted food sales, beverage sales and profitability.
- Timely analysis of Food & Beverage Prices in relation to competition.
- Preserve excellent levels of internal and external customer service.
- Identify customers’ needs and respond proactively to all of their concerns.
- Achieving service that exceeds expectations.
- Development and maintenance of all department control procedures.
- Handle all Food & Beverage inquiries and ensure timely follow up on the same business day.
- Work with food and beverage staff to ensure proper food presentation and proper food-handling procedures.
- Assure bar inventory, including opening and closing inventories, accurate bar summaries and cash deposits are prepared.
- Assure completion of requisitions where deemed necessary.
- Completion of monthly inventory.
- Assure timely completion of function bills.
- Liaise on an on-going basis with the Reservations/Front Office department to ensure all client needs and requirements are met.
- To co-ordinate with all large group meetings/banquet planners for their specific group requirements with the services & facilities offered.
- Oversee the kitchen and dining areas, supervise food and beverage staff in accordance with the Hotel and Company Standard Operating Procedures established.
- Lead F&B team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising talented personnel.
- Establish targets, KPI’s, schedules, policies and procedures.
- Provide a two way communication and nurture an ownership and accountability environment with emphasis in motivation and teamwork.
- Supervision of daily paper flow including Proposals, and Function Contracts.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Prepare and provide report to management regarding sales results and productivity.
- A Tanzanian National
- A strong communicator
- Highly motivated
- Able to work under pressure
- Guest-oriented and service-minded
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Up to date with food and beverages trends and best practices
- Culinary school diploma or degree in food service management or related field.
- At least 4 years proven food and beverage management experience with clear track records.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS).
- Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets.
- Mastery in delegating multiple tasks.
- Communication and leadership skills.
- A complete knowledge of Fire Procedures
This role can be very challenging and demanding and as such, we kindly ask that only serious candidates apply.
MODE OF APPLICATION
If you are interested in the position, please adhere to the following instructions carefully:
Submit your interest by formal cover e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLY ONLINE CLICK HERE!
International Trade Centre
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
You are an experienced photographer based in Tanzania. Here is an assignment to work alongside the International Trade Centre (ITC) in taking photographs and writing short descriptions of the work of a series of coffee producers. The goal of the assignment is to take attractive photos of the coffee production, people and communities of around 10 such coffee producers. The output will be used to complete websites and in social media to promote the coffees toward international buyers.
For each coffee SME:
- At least 30 high quality photos, taken using a digital SLR camera (or superior) of at least 12 MP (native, no up-sampling)
- Photos must show a subject of interest, be in good light and have a good composition
- At least 3 explanatory sentences for each photo
- At least 1 interview of at least 150 words with a representative of the coffee producer (preferably the owner or manager)
- One short video (2-3 minutes) per company - to be confirmed -
- Attend a short briefing with ITC’s consultant
- Organise photo RDV’s with assistance of local consultant (marketing coach and/or national coordinator)
- Shoot a sample portfolio as above
- Obtain approval of quality and approach from ITC before shooting
Interested candidates should submit a CV and photography portfolio (PDF, PPT file, Google drive link, website, etc.) to the following address: email@example.com
Job Title: Accountant Officer
Employing Company: Serene Microfinance Ltd
Working Station: Dar es Salaam
Advert Date: (2nd February, 2021)
Serene Microfinance Limited has been a growing and expanding company since its establishment in providing financial solutions to many individuals and corporates. Serene Microfinance Ltd exceptionally stands as good example due to the unique contribution in reaching many categories of customers in Tanzania with micro-loans whose operations are in many parts of Dar es Salaam City, the nearby regions and all over Tanzania regions.
In an effort to stream line operations, Serene Microfinance Ltd seeks to recruit qualified Accountant Officer to work in Finance Department and ensuring smooth operation of financial activities of the Microfinance.
Accountant Officer Job Description:
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data as well as preparing reports
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Documents all financial transactions
- Handling statutory deductions and tax payments while observing the stipulated deadline dates of This includes the following taxes, Income tax, VAT, PAYE, Withholding tax.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account
- Performs audit work in accordance with the approved audit manual and professional standards and carries out the procedures outlined in the internal audit plan
- Maintains financial security by following internal
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Performing any other duties he/she may be assigned by supervisor
- To determining financial risks for a company including but not limited to risk associated with granting loan by ensuring that you protect the firm from Financial loses
- Accounting, Corporate Finance, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Research Results, Confidentiality, Time Management, Data Entry Management, General Mathematical Skills.
- Holders of Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in Accounting, Finance or any other related field with at least one year’ experience in a similar position
Kindly submit your application along with Academic Certificates (Photocopies) and detailed CV containing names of three (3) referees with their contacts to the address below in one PDF File not later than 05th February, 2021. All late applications will not be processed.
All applications should be sent by email and addressed to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager,
Serene Microfinance Ltd,
P.O. Box 33813,
Mikocheni B, Bima Roard – Dar es Salaam
“Serene Microfinance is an Equal Employment Opportunity Company. Both male and female are encouraged to apply.”