C&F Declaration Officer
- Kurasini, Tanzania, United Republic of
- Full Time
- Clearing & Forwarding
- Entry Level
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
1. Essential Skills:
- Good Interpersonal Relations Clear communication skills ensuring clear and candid information is used
- Ability to work in a team environment and work under pressure.
- Fully conversant in using Shipshape in framing entries for all Imports, Exports and border clearances.
- Computer Literacy to effectively operate core Microsoft office programs and other online management systems
- Methodical and ability to plan, organise and prioritise
- Faultless administration skills ensuring procedures are being followed accurately.
- Problem solving skills to ensure obstacles to progress are overcome
- Attention to Detail ensuring the right information is captured and communicated in a timely manner.
- Diploma/ Degree in Clearing and Forwarding or any related.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Clearing & Forwarding industry, framing entries, border clearing and transit goods.
- Comprehensive HS code knowledge and a high degree of accuracy in identifying and using the correct ones.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders in the field.
- Good interpersonal relations and communication skills.
- Flexible in work habits and schedules, ready to work for longer hours when required.
- Must have knowledge of government procedures & customs laws relating to imports, exports and transit goods for air, sea and road freight cargo.
- Possess a high degree of integrity, honesty and confidentiality.
- Needs to have an excellent knowledge of Inco-terms
- Fluent English ( Kiswahili advantageous but not essential)
- To work as part of a team in the clearing & forwarding department and function as a Declaration Officer.
- Responsible to ensure that export/import documents are in place before clearance
- Undertake all declaration procedures for imports and exports
- Advice the management on correct and most preferred course of action to overcome technicalities that may arise in declaration or clearing operations
- Follow up correspondence between various statutory bodies and other parties
- Obtain customs release for exports and truck border consignment
- Ensure correct use of South African and Tanzania Revenue Authority Tariffs
- Ensure that correct values are used during declaration and other related procedures to avoid losses that may accrue as a result of penalties.
- Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the supervisor within the scope of the position.