General Manager Catering and Facility Management
AKO GROUP LTD
POSITION TITLE: General Manager Catering and Facility Management
LIASE: Other Senior Managers and Directors
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The General Manager of Catering Services is a key leadership role that provides strategic direction and execution for our catering business. Manage all aspects of the catering department, which includes quality of guest experience, smooth and seamless event management, developing and building our catering business, financial success, operational efficiency, product taste and quality, people management, and occupational, facility and food safety. This role requires a proven track record in event management, growing and scaling a catering business, driving revenue growth, stellar leadership and people management skills, and the ability to successfully manage the operational aspects of the business (e.g. coordinating courier services, managing inventory levels, labor costs, and controllable costs, maintenance of all equipment, and safe storage/rotation of products to name a few.)
The most important part of the job is achieving good quality within a budget and maintaining high standards of hygiene and customer satisfaction.
- Drives a culture of passion and excellence. Ambassador of the AKO Group Ltd Service Mission to guide staff in giving great internal and external service. “We care for each and every member of our community as a customer in our home. We serve seamlessly; we inspire; we surprise; we feed, and are fed.”
- Owns the quality of the entire customer experience for all AKO Group Ltd catering orders – from ajira their experience online, to their interaction with the sales and production teams, to menu and event quality, to delivery experience, follow up after the event, and future orders.
- Acts as the face of AKO Group Ltd Catering, fostering and expanding client and Sites relationships and accounts:
- Builds and maintains excellent relationships with key catering clients and leads the cultivation of new clients.
- Maintains a key-client action plan to foster current relationships.
- Maintains an action plan to acquire new key clients and Sites.
- Deploys the catering staff to foster and acquire clients and venues, acting as the lead for top clients.
- Collaborates with shareholders and other AKO Group Ltd leaders to foster and acquire to clients.
- Manages third party vendor relationships: staffing, rentals, delivery services
- Directly manages the catering sales, production, operations, and part-time event staff.
- Builds and maintains supportive and strong relationships with staff, vendors, and customers.
- Recruits, hires, trains, schedules, continually coaches, motivates and develops outstanding staff members. Encourages staff engagement and retention and increases their overall performance.
- Conducts hands-on training with staff ensuring AKO Group Ltd standards are maintained so excellent quality, flavor and freshness are maintained. Keeps staff up to date on new menu rollouts, changes to procedures; monitors and holds staff accountable for implementing the changes.
- Ensures the department is appropriately staffed to provide great internal and external service, within the current needs of the business. Writes the department schedule and posts it according to Staff Guide.
- Evaluates staff quarterly to review performance and create staff goals in line with AKO Group Ltd Vision and their professional growth; Corrects behavior through coaching and issues corrective actions when necessary.
- Works in partnership with the Other Directors and Operations Managers to promote excellent communication amongst the staff and to achieve shared business goals. Connects each staff members’ contributions to the financial success of the business.
- Participates in and schedules staff to attend all AKO Group Ltd core classes and trainings; uses AKO Group Ltd Leadership Training to reinforce AKO Group Ltd culture and values.
- Works closely with the People + Culture team to maintain a consistent and fair company culture.
- Ensures that all hiring and training standards are met and documented.
- Works with the Group Finance Director on the strategy, overall growth and financial success of the Catering business including business development and sales strategies.
- Writes and manages the annual department budget – meets and exceeds agreed upon financial targets. Fully responsible for the Catering P&L – achieves sales goals, net margin, COGS, labor costs, and controllable costs.
- Contributes to net margin through accurate menu and product pricing, ensures competitive pricing with vendors and suppliers, and works creatively with the other departments to use products/ingredients to mitigate waste.
- Oversees organized and accurate inventory levels and period end physical counts.
- Manages vendor relationships to ensure competitive pricing.
- Works closely with the Operations Managers and the Chef in charge to develop new catering products and services, keeping AKO Group Ltd Catering offerings on the cutting Page | 3 edge, keep our food vibrant, seasonal and delicious. Provides feedback and vision for developing new catering products and services.
- Ensures excellent food service quality, visually stunning catering displays with accurate signage at all catering events.
- Adheres to the Product Mission when making purchasing decisions. Works directly with the Chef In charge and Procurement Manager to maintain high standards for buying and receiving product.
- Oversees the successful management of all processes and programs related to the catering business.
- Increases efficiency and effectiveness of operations, including information technology, process improvement techniques, internal/external training, motivation/management techniques, and cross-training culture.
- Builds systems and training that establishes and maintains excellent service and product quality, just-in-time purchasing, accurate/consistent receiving and storage of products, and efficient catering event set up and breakdown.
- Plans and manages department changes, anticipates and adjusts to any business fluctuations as needed.
- Audits payroll for accuracy and compliance with local requirement as per country laws.
- Owns accuracy of all invoices received has proper pricing and follows up with vendors regarding credits and returns.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with the Staff Guide and all local and Country laws.
- Responsible for the regular maintenance of the department, ensuring safety standards are met.
- Participates in monthly inspections and corrects issues promptly.
- AKO Group Ltd reserves the right, at any time, with or without notice, to alter or change job responsibilities or titles, reassign or transfer job positions, or assign additional job responsibilities.
- Minimum 3 years leading a high-volume catering and events related operation
- 5+ years managing event logistics and delivery
- 5+ years of people management experience developing high performing teams
- Proven ability to evaluate and streamline operational processes and scale a catering operation
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, project management, critical thinking, troubleshooting, data analysis, presentation and process building skills; Meticulous Page | 4 attention to detail
- Ability to develop and execute short- and long-term plans. Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize competing projects and needs.
- Deep proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; demonstrated ability to learn and leverage new technologies to enhance organizational and operational efficiency.
- Knowledge of food, food hygiene (including hazard analsis and critical control points) and food preparation
- University degree preferred
- Valid driver’s licensed, food hygiene (including hazard analysis and critical control points) and food preparation
- University degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- You will be expected to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment.
Company Car with fuel
MODE OF APPLICATION:
All Applications should be sent via emails not later than 24th Jan 2021; email@example.com