Alinea is a global international development consultancy. We provide technical and management expertise that helps people improve their lives. We work with governments, investors, companies and communities to deliver lasting change. Over the past 34 years, we have managed more than 515 projects in 88 countries.The Teacher Education Support Project (TESP) is a seven-year program funded by the Government of Canada through Global Affairs Canada (GAC) and implemented by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MoEST) in Tanzania.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
JOB TITLE: Teaching and Learning Specialist
Alinea is seeking an experienced educator for a two-year assignment as a Teaching and Learning Specialist to provide technical assistance to the Teacher Education Support Project in Tanzania
The specialist will be based in Dodoma Tanzania with frequent travel throughout the country. The position is expected to be filled by January 2021.
The teacher education specialist will work collaboratively with Tanzanian and Canadian project staff, MoEST officials and TESP stakeholders to plan, conduct, monitor and report on a range of TESP activities.
● Work cooperatively and collaboratively with Alinea’s Senior Tanzanian Education Advisor;
● Maintain excellent working relationships with the MoEST TESP Coordinator and staff and key officials involved with TESP within the MoEST and its affiliated institutions;
● Identify opportunities for synergies with other donor-funded initiatives in Tanzania with regard to improving the delivery of relevant and gender-sensitive instruction at Teacher Colleges;
● Maintain excellent working relationships with relevant officials at GAC and assist the Alinea Project Director to keep GAC informed about project plans, activities and achievements;
● Liaise weekly with the Alinea Project Director in Canada;
● Liaise with the Alinea administrative and finance staff in Canada and Tanzania as necessary to ensure compliance with Alinea finance and administrative procedures;
● Represent Alinea at various functions and events and support networking among individuals and organizations involved in teacher education in Tanzania.
Teacher Education Technical Assistance:
● Provide advice and assistance to TESP and MoEST staff in the planning and delivery of activities to improve the quality, relevance and gender sensitivity of instruction at Teacher Colleges;
● Help develop training modules and plan and deliver professional development sessions for national trainers, Teacher College tutors, management teams, support staff, and MoEST personnel;
● Identify and share relevant Tanzanian and international best practices, innovations and resources for teacher education with the TESP team and stakeholders;
● Help to mainstream gender equality, child protection and environmental education across TESP activities, especially professional development sessions;
● Help develop Terms of Reference and assist with the recruitment of Canadian, Tanzanian and international technical specialists as needed to support the delivery of TESP initiatives;
● Provide support to short-term technical specialists for the delivery of TESP initiatives;
● Support the implementation of the new primary school teacher education curriculum;
● Support the implementation of the new Gender Equality Strategy for Teacher Education;
● In collaboration with others, advise and support TESP on the development and implementation of strategies to ensure sustainability of TESP results within the MoEST and within the Teacher Colleges.
● Participate in and support joint annual work planning for TESP and Alinea’s Technical Assistance to TESP;
● Support a Results-Based Management, strategic and participatory approach to project planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting;
● Assist TESP and MoEST staff to collect, analyze and synthesize results data related to improved quality, relevance and gender-sensitivity of instruction at Teachers Colleges;
● Assist project staff to identify risks and challenges to achieving improved quality, relevance and gender-sensitivity of instruction at Teachers Colleges;
● Assist project staff to prepare annual and semi-annual reports and other communications in accordance with GAC requirements;
● Master’s degree in Education;
● At least ten years of education sector experience including classroom teaching, teacher education and teacher professional development;
● Expertise in developing teaching and learning materials and using information and communication technologies in teaching and learning;
● International work experience preferably in Tanzania or another African country;
● Project management experience including work planning, monitoring and evaluation, results-based management and reporting;
● Expertise in integrating gender, inclusion, environment and child protection considerations into educational programming;
● Demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity, flexibility and adaptability in challenging contexts;
● Excellent interpersonal skills, facilitation skills and oral, written and technology-supported communication skills.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and CV (6 page max) to: email@example.com
Please include the position title in your subject line and inform us where you found the job posting.