Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
JOB TITLE: Administrative Officer
Job category: Administration
Requisition number: ADMIN01075
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Manages and coordinates administrative services functions to ensure efficient operations. Manages all administrative functions for Pathfinder International’s country office, including, but not limited to, facilities management and security, services and supplies procurement and vendor management, travel, domestic business and charitable registration, all-staff meetings, and document management. Develops, reviews, distributes and maintains all administrative office procedures, including, but not limited to, travel, records retention, mail handling, fax receipt and distribution, facilities management, parking and office assignments.
● Meeting Minutes: Takes minutes at programmatic and strategic meetings. Contributes to development of meeting notes
● Written Communications: Prepares written and electronic including letters and announcements.
● Types and proofreads correspondence, reports, and other materials.
● Answers routine correspondence and composes complex correspondence as necessary.
● Logistics: Plans and supports all logistics for evaluation activities, training, capacity assessments, learning events, schedules and calendars. And other project activities.
● Ensures smooth operations of all activities by coordinating with drivers, translators, interpreters, venues, caterers, suppliers, activity-specific logisticians.
● Mobilizes staff and consultants by arranging travel and lodging.
● Event Management: Works with country office staff to manage all country office events.
● Research Support: Provides research support to the management team in preparation for special meetings, presentations, and events.
● Collects material for and prepares special project papers.
● Record Keeping: Completes various forms, including: purchase requisitions, shipping requests, requests for absence, travel expense reports, requests for payment, consultancy agreements and work orders.
● Mail Distribution: Opens and distributes mail; forwards correspondence to appropriate staff for action.
● Project Management: Leads, manages or participates on cross-functional project teams.
● Logistics Practices: Foundational knowledge of logistics standards and guidelines.
● Mail Distribution Procedures: Ability to distribute mail according to accepted practices and procedures.
● Record Keeping: Ability to complete forms and reports and file them according to accepted policy and procedures.
● Event Coordination: Ability to coordinate events and meetings.
● Research Methods: Foundational knowledge and ability to conduct research on assigned topics.
● Writing and Editing: Ability to create and edit correspondence, reports and other forms of documentation.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
● PC Applications: Foundational knowledge of MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
● Languages: Advanced writing and speaking skills using local language and English language
● Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills.
● Foundational knowledge of report writing.
● Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of assigned program
● Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Demonstrated commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
● Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Advanced customer service skills.
● Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
● Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment.
● Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
● Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work related matters.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
● Diploma or Advanced diploma in business, administration, or related field preferred
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize
● Willingness to learn and to grow with the organization and motivated to take on additional projects and solve problems Self-directed and able to work without supervision
● Comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role, manage team members, lead assistant meetings, and supervises when needed
● Prior experience as an office assistant, office administrator, or handling administrative responsibilities in a related field
● Highly organized multi-tasker who works well in a fast-paced environment
● Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel); scheduling appointments/updating calendars a must
● Travel required (10 or less%) Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS :
● Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV, including contact details for 3 references before the close of business on December 28,2020
● Applications should be addressed to the:
Director for Human Resources and Administration,
PO Box 77991,
Dar es Salaam
or sent via e-mail to:
Stating the position being applied for in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Senior Technical Advisor, Family Planning
Location: we are seeking a person based in the continents in which Pathfinder mainly operates, namely Africa.
The Senior Technical Advisor (STA) is a key role in the Pathfinder Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Team. They will oversee and support the technical and programmatic quality of Pathfinder’s Contraception portfolio, as part of the continuum of comprehensive SRHR care. The STA will strengthen Pathfinder’s models and approaches to expand access to client-centered contraception services from the community to facility level and provide overall strategic leadership to the development of the portfolio strategic direction in close collaboration with the SRHR and country teams. The STA will have strong USG experience and expertise in client-centered contraception information, counseling and services. The STA will oversee the technical design of the program’s contraception and FP strategies including ensuring the use of state-of-the-art approaches and application of FP High Impact Practices.
Provides technical leadership in a program area. Collaborates with project team on project activities that have a combined program focus. Collaborates with other members of the project team to ensure that deliverables meet the needs of intended populations. With capacity building and developing as a guiding principle, engages closely with government and/or local NGOs on the design, management and monitoring of all field-based programs. Coordinates with in-country agencies and programs to ensure linkages and to identify opportunities for integration between SRHR and broader health, educational, vocational, and other non-health interventions that meet the needs of intended populations. Assesses technical and training needs, reviews and adapts training materials, and contributes to scaling up successful experiences in implementing best practices in clinical and community settings that lead to increased use of family planning services. Ensures that the project team draws on state-of-the-art knowledge and practices in the areas specific to the program area. Partners with other technical advisors to enable policy, research and programs.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Strategic Leadership: Provides strategic technical leadership and expertise to project sites on the implementation of high quality SRHR and SSCB products and services at community levels. Leads in the development of or providing technical assistance in the global and country-specific approaches, tools and materials supporting tailored approaches for intended populations in SRHR and SSCB programs. Builds on existing tools and develops or adapts innovative approaches to ensure the efficiency, acceptability and impact of SRHR and SSCB products and services.
- Programming Design and Implementation: Leads in the design, development and implementation of innovative, effective, country appropriate programming for SRHR and SSCB to build and develop capacity of intended populations.
- Technical Assistance: Provides technical assistance to country offices, host-country governments, local partners, and other agencies to assess needs and develop SRHR and SSCB standards and guidance, and/or provide SRHR and ISS & CB services that are responsive to the needs of intended populations.
- Technical Support for Proposals: Provides technical support on the development of proposals, including participation in strategizing for technical approach, proposal writing and proposal review.
- Resource Management: Collaborates with other USAID project teams, WHO and other donors and country-based entities in the development and implementation of SRHR and SSCB services to bring a broad range of resources to meet multiple needs of intended populations.
- Quality Assurance: Works with the technical team to ensure that best practices for services and service integration are well documented, evaluated and poised for scale up. Coaches and builds teams to optimize staff performance programming, target setting and project workplan and scale-up.
- Brand Ambassador: Represents Pathfinder International to external organizations and audiences at professional meetings and conferences as assigned.
- Liaison with Key Stakeholders: Liaises and coordinates with key stakeholders, including USAID/Washington, missions, other donors and USG agencies, and international and local partners such as Bureau for Global Health, World Health Organization, IBP, to play a highly proactive role in repositioning family planning as a preventive health and a socioeconomic development intervention and to share lessons and technical information.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Country Specific Public Health System: Advanced knowledge of the countries’ public health systems.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Deep knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of programs, including program strategies and indicators, and the latest professional developments in SRHR and SSCB. Proven skills in designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating development and intervention activities, preferably with USAID, WHO, or other donor organizations working in the health sector.
- Program Operations and Development: Mastery of skills in implementing and managing similar program operations in the developing world, including advocacy.
- Proposal Development: Mastery of skills in proposal development from concept to full proposal, resource mobilization, and proven ability to raise substantial research/development funds.
- Leadership: Mastery of skills as a leader in health and health service delivery strengthening in developing countries and proven ability in developing strategic plans.
- Program and Project Planning and Management: Deep skills in program and project management and planning to fulfill performance objectives, including the timely implementation and reporting of donor-funded program activities
- Operations and Financial Management: Deep knowledge of operations and financial management in developing countries
- Change Leadership: Ability to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in managing change across a broad group of stakeholders in an inclusive manner.
- Presentation Skills: Ability to make presentations on results and products to small and large groups.
- Community Relations: Advanced skills in facilitating work relationships between partners, government officials, and communities.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-pace environment.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrix organization.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work related matters
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, business, marketing, social science, or related discipline
- Prefer: Medical degree (physician or midwife), Master’s degree in related field, such as Master’s in Public Health
- 5 years of experience working in international development, preferably in implanting programs in developing countries seeking to empower women and female children
- 5 years’ international non-profit experience
- 10 years of experience working in international development, preferably in implanting programs in developing countries seeking to empower women and female children
- Ability to provide technical support multi-country teams and to work effectively with government representatives, donors and other stakeholders
- Prefer: Experience with USAID-funded projects
- Prefer: Experience in project design
- Prefer: Experience living or working in developing countries that aids in understanding of program context, field realities, and technical needs
- Prefer: Previous experience working on USG and PEPFAR funded projects
- Prefer: Skills in at least two or more of the following technical areas: strengthening service delivery programs, training and capacity building, performance and quality improvement, data analysis, monitoring and evaluation including experience working with Key Populations
- Must be able to travel internationally and domestically (30%)
- There is no relocation benefits attached to this role