Project Name: Skills for Employment Tanzania (SET)
Funded By: Swiss Agency for Development Cooperation (SDC)
Place of Duty: Morogoro, Tanzania
Project Goal: Improve prospects of gainful youth (self-) employment through a contribution to improved access, relevance and quality of VSD
Target Group: Youth, women and young mother (15 to 24)
Project Duration: 01.05.2019 to 30.06.2022
Swisscontact is registered in Tanzania as an International NGO. The Swisscontact leads coordination and implementation of Skills for Employment Tanzania (SET) Program, a Swiss Development Coorperation supported progam. SET aims is to enhance the employment and self- employment possibilities of youth in Tanzania through a sustainable and systemic contribution that addresses three issues in vocational skills development; Relevance with regard to labour market needs (employment) and market needs (self-employment) through improved labour market information and enhanced coordination between skills providers and private sector/market actors; Quality of trainers by addressing the training of trainers in the formal Technical and Vocational Education Training (TVET) system and strengthening of the Morogoro Vocational Teachers Training Centre (MVTTC); Access to innovative, demand driven training to involve youth in the agriculture sector via capacity building of key training providers.
Objective of the function
To proactively support the team in recurrent financial and administrative activities in accordance with internal operational manuals and different guiding policies.
This position’s primary role is to provide administrative support by supporting the Finance and Administrative Manager in all finance and administrative related issues. The Finance and Administrative Assistant will work closely with all staff, suppliers, partners and vendors with a focus on managing financial resources. The position provides primary administrative support to the Finance and Administrative Manager of the SET program and the activities they oversee. The administrative duties and responsibilities include contracting for and organizing SET meetings/workshops, and clerical and administrative tasks in support of special projects and events.
Within Swisscontacts management and administrative regulation these administrative duties include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate preparation of budget, monthly Cash Advance, and hotel bookings, organize and schedule appointments.
- Order office supplies, vehicle repairs, collection of invoices and suppliers, check regularly office machines and vehicles and arrange service if needed.
- Facilitate payments and accountability for meeting and workshop, submit and reconcile expense reports.
- Book travel arrangements, schedule appointments, prepare movement orders, and provide general support to visitors.
- Maintain a proper and user-friendly filling and document control system for recording and tracking of all document.
- Provide administrative support to the Technical Managers including travel and calendar management, preparation of expense reports, and maintenance of electronic and paper files.
- Support the project team in daily admin roles and to keep stock of stationary supplies for the project.
- Put up purchase requests for all approved purchases for the necessary approvals and verify invoices for the raised purchases upon delivery of goods and services.
- Provide administrative support in preparation for meetings, conferences and other events, including compiling, formatting, posting and distributing materials, receiving, assisting in the preparation of presentations and developing and maintaining files.
- Management of petty cash.
- Up-dating and checking time sheets, control annual leave records, and vehicle log books including analysis on a monthly basis.
- In collaboration with Finance and Administrative Manager organise and check security company and liaise with office landlord for repairs.
- Provide backup support for other technical and administrative staff, as required.
Reports to the SET Finance and Administrative Manager, and when required, to the Deputy Team Leader.
Qualifications & experiencea. Minimum of a bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance or Business Management;
b. Must be registered as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA);
c. At least 1 years of related experience or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities;
d. Must have advanced knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) and Internet browsers.
e. Must be able to interact and communicate with clients/customers/employees at all levels of the organization.
f. Work requires continuous attention to detail and quality in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
g. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
h. Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
To apply, please provide a CV (no more than 3 pages) and covering letter (no more than 1 page with references) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 24th of March, 2020. Please quote the vacancy title on the subject line of your application.
Swisscontact reserves the right to contact only applicants that have been selected for interview.
Swisscontact is an equal opportunity employer. Swisscontact does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.