The Ariel Glaser Paediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI) is a non-governmental organisation that plays a pivotal role in complementing the Government of Tanzania’s efforts towards the attainment of its development goals. AGPAHI strives to provide quality and integrated HIV/AIDS health services to children and families. AGPAHI supports the provision of high-quality HIV and other health services and ensures that efforts are well-integrated into existing regional and district health systems.
AGPAHI is looking for a motivated, result driven, qualified and competent candidate to fill the following positions below:JOB TITLE: Senior Finance Officer
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
REPORTS TO: Finance Manager
The purpose of this job is to carry out financial operations in the assigned area to facilitate core operations in line with organizational goals and objectives.
- Implement the financial work plans in regional offices in accordance with AGPAHI’s policies and donor regulations;
- Assist the Finance Manager in developing and monitoring the office’s annual and semi-annual budget to facilitate operations;
- Carry out routine administration of the SAGE Accounting system by posting transaction details, analyzing posted data and generating ad-hoc reports so as to inform financial decision-making;
- Collate, review and submit staff time sheets in a timely manner for payroll processing;
- Process staff advances upon request to ensure accountability and liquidation in line with set policies and procedures;
- Process account receivables and payables in a timely manner to ensure that debtors and creditors are billed and paid respectively in accordance with terms set;
- Conduct banking processes including monitoring bank and cash levels, assisting in bank relations and correspondences and banking of cash returns within 48 hours to ensure safe custody of cash in line with AGPAHI policies and procedures;
- Review all financial documents to ensure their accuracy, completeness, and compliance with applicable policies before disbursement of funds to the vendors.
- Prepare and document payment vouchers against received invoices to ensure accurate mounts are paid out;
- Verify and code expense reports before entry into the SAGE system as a record of expenses;
- Manage cash flows for designated regional office to ensure the availability and adequacy of cash to facilitate operations;
- Prepare adjusting journal entries as needed for all adjustments to transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness of adjusted financial transactions;
- Consolidate and provide financial statements, analyses and forecasts from regional units to inform effective decision making;
- Assist in the preparation of year end statutory financial statements and working papers within agreed timelines to inform on the status of financial operations;
- Assist in the preparation and submission of monthly and ad-hoc reports to inform decision making at the management level; and
- Assist in audit processes by availing required data and providing responses to auditors to ensure audits proceed as planned.
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting or any related field,
- At least 8 years relevant work experience
- CPA holder is preferred
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Strong leadership, analytical, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of USG regulations is an added advantage
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
JOB TITLE: Senior Grants Officer
REPORTS TO: Grants Manager
The Senior Grants Officer, under the supervision of the Grants Manager will be responsible in managing sub-award for the Organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Developing compliance review plans for Sub-awardees with grant officers and ensure is properly implemented.
- Ensure Grant Officer(s) have conducted Compliance reviews for all Sub grantees as per the standard operational procedures (SOP).
- Advise Grants Manager on the need for developing new SOP as the need arise.
- Conduct Compliance reviews as per assigned Sub grantees
- Ensure all outstanding compliance review findings are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Assess Sub Awardees’ risk and assist in developingrisk responses plan.
- Ensure each Sub Awardees has available funds, within the limitations of their agreement, at all times.
- Review and submit all monthly financial reports for each sub awardees on a monthly basis and in a timely manner.
- Monitors sub recipients’ expenditures against approved budget and program objectives
- Ensure records in monthly financial reports and cash books submitted by sub-awardees reconcile with financial records maintained by an organization.
- Monitor Sub-Awardees expenditures against work plan on monthly basis and develop corrective actions against over or under spending.
Sub – Agreement:
- Ensure each Sub-Awardees has an active contract at all times.
- Ensure Sub-Awardees adhere to contractual and donor regulations at all times.
- Assist Grants Manager in Pre-Award assessment process and ensures organizations have the capacity to appropriately manage a Sub-Award.
- Oversees the negotiation of sub-agreement’s terms and conditions and prepares final sub-agreement documentations.
- Monitors sub-recipients performance to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of award.
- Provides on-going assistance to sub-recipients to administer their sub agreements compliant with all terms and conditions.
- Manages the sub-agreement close out process.
- Work closely with contractual, financial and technical staff and provides guidance as necessary on sub-agreements’ requirements.
- Assist Grants Manager in ensuring amendments are developed and processed in a timely manner.
- Address problems or concerns with management of Sub-Awards in a timely and effective manner.
- Providing training on Award Management to Sub-Awardees
- Assist Grants Manager in orient regional staffs on Award management
- Provide training to Grants officer(s)
- Assess Award and Compliance policies and procedures on an on-going basis to identify and propose new policies or changes as needed.
- Monitoring the implementation of existing Sub-Award and Compliance policies to ensure they are being properly adhered to.
- Provide ad hoc reports to Grants Manager regarding Sub-Award and Compliance activities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Any other relevant duties as assigned by the Grants Manager and the Regional Program Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field required. Masters preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in Federal funded awards, administration and management and worked with NGO.
- Experience in the development or implementation of sub-agreements/grants and compliance training.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Prior experience in business management or financial administration in Federal-funded programs.
- Has a consistent track record of high performance
- Skills necessary to formulate a risk assessment of individual sub-recipients and sub-grant portfolios.Ability to design and implement.
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written), including editing and proofreading.
- Proficient computer/software skills, including command of Word and Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently, assess priorities and manage a variety of activities with attention to detail.
- Ability to interact professionally with staff, applicants, and sub recipients.
- Ability to identify and develop key partnerships and cultivate good relationships with other governmental and non-governmental entities.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (not exceeding four pages) and names and contact information of three referees before close of business on Friday 28th February, 2020 to the Human Resources and Administration Manager,Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative,by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the title of the position in your email subject and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter. Submission can also be dropped physically or by post in the address below:
Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative Plot 372, House No. 7 Chole Road (Near Coco Beach) P.O. Box 38252 Dar es Salaam
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.