Position: PROJECTS & PLANT ENGINEER
Pyxus International, of which Pyxus Agriculture Tanzania Limited (PATL) is a subsidiary, is a global agricultural company united behind a common purpose – to transform people’s lives so that together we can grow a better world. With 145 years” experience delivering value-added products and services to businesses and customers, we are a trusted provider of responsibly sourced, independently verified, sustainable and traceable products and ingredients.
Pyxus Agriculture Tanzania Limited has acquired an edible oil mill and Refinery in Dodoma as part of its diversification strategy and is recruiting for key positions for this venture. The successful applicants will be sitting in the engine of growth as we shape our future together.
The Projects & Plant Engineer reports to Head of Factory Operations, oversees and coordinates the identified Factory/PATL Projects, and provide professional and technical service and assistance to the key Factory functions in compliance with Factory Management instructions, PATL and Factory Standard Opera ting Procedures and the laws of Tanzania.
What you will do:
- Project Feasibilities, Research, Planning and Implementation.
- Reads and understands all relevant Legislation and data Impacting on PATL, Researches, Investigates and checks the Operations and Conditions of the Electrical, Mechanical and PLC and prepares project feasibility plan.
- Prepares Project Plans and oversees and coordinates each phase of the project implementation and addresses non-adherence within phases and budget as per the Project Plan.
- Manages the Oil Processing machines/equipment to optimize maximum yield, efficiencies and through puts.
- Processing improvement and factory maintenance
- Participates in or executes factory capital projects
- Responsible for process change via programmes and capital project execution
- Performs off season and preventive maintenance projects
- Resolves operational processing or engineering problems, interprets process and engineering requirements
- Ensures that the SHE and Security Policies and Procedures and that ISO standards are being implemented and adhered to throughout the Factory operations
Who you are and what you’ve done:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar. Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Business Management will be added advantage. Four to Six years experience in Projects, Production and Mechanical Engineering